Need to have an "not responded" to an inquiry reversed

Maureen35
Level 2
Long Beach, NY

Need to have an "not responded" to an inquiry reversed

Someone inquired and I asked a question that would make or break the decision to let them book.  However, they didn't respond and I'm hit with a non-response for this.  I need to have this reversed.  

I responded to them...in a message.  I couldn't pre-approve them because I needed to hear their answeer first and I couldn't decline them becuase there was no basis for doing so.

How do I get this mar on my stats as a host removed?

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If you are ever uncertain if you have done what needs doing, go to the Dashboard and it will tell you what you need to do. When a guest doesn't respond to you (they mighy not longer be interested and choose to ignore you) you can just ''decline'' and say in a message that you will be happy to ''accept'' if they blablabla.

You always have to accept/decline in 24 hours.  Not sure this can be reversed, it is a standard thing.

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

I would add not to sweat the small stuff. Don't set your heart on perfection. It's unlikely that anything about it will be perfect. Not scores, stats, or stars. Or guests.
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Early on I made the same mistake and have had to deal with a less than perfect response rate.  Lesson learned.  If guest is unresponsive, decline and offer to reconsider as suggested before.  Guests will often inquire with several places and choose the first one that approves.

There's no reversal of the down grade of response rate, but also unless you do this frequently, there is no real harm.s  If you have a critical question, by all means ask it.  Really interested potential guests will respond.

ea