NEW? Linking Airbnb calendars to each other :)

Answered!
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

NEW? Linking Airbnb calendars to each other :)

Did you know? I noticed it today : 

If you have multiple listings on Airbnb (for example, an entire home and a room inside that home), you can link their Airbnb calendars to prevent double-bookings.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

1 Best Answer

I found the new instructions.  Hope this helps.

2017-07-14_10-33-26.png

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46

I could not find "Link Airbnb calendars" option.  Here is what I am seeing.

2017-07-14_10-24-32.png

I found the new instructions.  Hope this helps.

2017-07-14_10-33-26.png

Hung - this is for linking to external calendars like iCal, NOT linking calendars for multiple listings.

Hung?  What do you mean?

This works if done in the the proper order,  though the sync is not immediate.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 etc:

No luck so far,  however,  just 2-way back and forth export & import,  also seems to work:

Will experiment with it a bit,  then if people remind me to post instructions, I will 🙂

Betty84
Level 1
Nampa, ID

underneath "Sync calendars"

is a subhead that says "Linked Airbnb calendars" 

but instead of the button saying "Link" as the instructions suggest, the button reads "Edit" and it only takes me back to the instructions. I definitely need this feature!

Melissa305
Level 1
Washington, DC

There is no choice for "linked airbnb calendars" or "Link" in my availability area - just an option to import an external calendar. What version of the App are you using?

Martin-and-Jo0
Level 5
Penrith, United Kingdom

This is a great easy to use formalisation of what was available before (linking and synchronising individual calendars) which i have been using for years to good effect and is still available to anyone who still may not have this NEW "Linking" functionality. Basically you import Airbnb calendars into each other as you would for synchronising calendars from other booking sources: For the whole home listing calendar import each of the calendars for the individual calendars for each room in the home; For the individual room listing calendars import the whole home listing calendar. QED.

I suspect that this new "Linking" functionality is just putting an easy to use interface on the process described above.

Although this is good it's not complete.

I rent out my home for 3 days or more where I will move out and stay elsewhere. I also rent rooms in it for 1 day or more when I'm available to host guests for this B&B style of accommodation. So the linking of calendars works really well in this scenario.

When I'm not available to to host any B&B style guests (like when I'm on vacation/holiday away from my home area) I'd like to be able to block the calendars of the individual room listings but not have these "blocks" automatically block out the whole home calendar as I'd still like to be able to accept whole home bookings.

At the moment I have to leave all listings available and then reject all enquiries for room bookings which I can't host. This is laborious, unprofessional and time wasting for both myself and the enquiring guests. Having to explain to guests that a listing is unavailable but due to a lack of ability of the Airbnb system to be able to cope with this scenario it has to remain available to allow me to still get whole home bookings is not enjoyable.

If anyone from Airbnb is reading this - Please can you add this functionality?

Martin

Wilfried14
Level 1
Kabale, Uganda

Hello,

There is a problem with the linking calendars feature.

I have 4 listings (Lion, Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe) plus a listing with all of them inside (Bed & Breakfast). It means guest can book Giraffe, for example, or book all of them at once just booking the Bed & Breakfast listing, right?

The problem is: if guest books Giraffe, for example, Airbnb blocks Bed & Breakfast listing and also Zebra, Lion and Elephant. It doesn't make sense.

If guest books Giraffe, it should block only the Bed & Breakfast listing and do not block Zebra, Lion and Elephant.

@Wilfried14

each of your 4 listings (Lion, Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe) has to be linked with just 1 listing (bed and breakfast)

Your listing  (bed and breakfast) has to be linked with 4 listings (Lion, Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe)

Look at the picture of my listings I posted on the begining of this thread; I have studio apartment (No1) + 2 bdr apartment (No2) and it is possible to book both of them as 3 bdr apartment (No3).

So No1 and No2 are linked to only one listing No3..... but No3 is linked with 2 listing: No1 and No2

THANK YOU!!  You totally made sense.

We exported bedroom 1 - then imported the bedroom 1 calendar to the full suite account. Then we exported bedroom 2 - then imported the bedroom 2 calendar to the full suite account.  Now it's all linked properly 🙂

Khairun-Nisa0
Level 1
Bangi, Malaysia

Hi, regarding this linked listing, I plan to try it out for smaller number of bedrooms, but I would like to use it only for weekdays, as my weekends are almost 100% fully booked for whole house, so I plan to keep my weekends open only for my main listing. How do I create new listing and block all weekends without affecting my main listing?

Danielle110
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Here’s the kicker: If your acceptance rate has been dragged down because your calendars were not linked (because they never advertised or let anyone know that you could link your calendars) and you have been declining reservation requests for individual rooms because the whole house was rented - you can now apparently lose your Superhost status. 

Interesting observation Danielle. I have talked to Airbnb 2 times and have been told my listings are linked but I keep getting crossover bookings. The second time I called Airbnb checked into it and told me that two of the calendars aren't completely linked and can't be. I am not sure how it resolve this matter. 

Nick-and-Penny0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I am trying to link 3 separte parts of a Villa to the whole Villa so if one part is taken it blocks the whole Villa out. Following the instructions and previous helpful posts I find that the reverse happens - all the 3 units block each other out for dates booked in one of the other units.

Cannot work out why this is happening and why it is not just the whole villa being blocked? Should be simple unless I am doing something wrong on set up.

Anyone got any ideas to solve this problem to avoid double bookings?

Nick H