Lightning Symbol

Soames0
Level 1
Hong Kong

Lightning Symbol

Please could someone tell me what the lightning symbol is for next to "manage listing and calendar"? After going to My Listing, a Listed window apprears with my listing and the "manage listing and calendar" link. To the right of this is a lightning symbol that can be clicked on (yellow) or off (grey). Please could someone tell me what this is for? Many thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

It mean the listing has enabled AirBnB's "Instant Book" feature. It's definitely something you should read about and fully understand before you decide to enable it yourself. Look for explanations of it in AirBnB's Help system.

Thank you Dede. Much appreciated.

Make sure you fully understand the implcations of instant booking - it's a minefield for you....!

Sherri45
Level 2
Florida, United States

Hi Soames .. what exactly does the bolt look like? Its not a symbol with a little flame like middle is it? I guess not. Oh well, I do not like getting on the  phone for a long time to get it explained so hopefully someone will explain it to me. lots of luck with yours. 

Zoe14
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Make sure you understand instant book!  Generally, I dont have it as I want to vet each guest before I accept their booking.

Rob211
Level 1
Little Brington, United Kingdom

did you get an answer to this question? I have two properties listed and one has a GREY lightening bolt and on is yellow...I don't know what this means?

I would surmise that you have activated instant book on one property and not on the other.

Sherri45
Level 2
Florida, United States

Hi .. I am confused not by the lightning bolt but by the little candle like feature that is popping up on certain dates of my listings calendar. Anyone help me please? many thanks! ps very new to the game

Sharon1038
Level 2
Massachusetts, US

What is the symbol with a four pointed star with bubbles?