I need to change my internet access code

Marcia72
Level 2
Clinton, WA

I need to change my internet access code

I have a new router/modem and new access codes. I have changed them on my listing, but my guests keep showing up with the old codes. How can I update these codes so their instructions match my new router codes?

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Marcia72,

Did the guests that have the old codes make their booking before you entered the new codes on Airbnb?

Guests get their information about the listing as it was at the time of the booking.

Guests who book after you entered your new codes on your Airbnb listing should get the new codes.

If this is not happening then verify that the new code is still entered on your listing and contact Airbnb if it is.

Information on how to contact Airbnb can be found in the "Contact Airbnb" article in the "Community Guidelines" post that you'll see if you click on the "get support" link on the main page of this community forum.

Steve.

David641
Level 3
Union Bridge, MD

I don't put the WiFi info in the listing, I have it in a book with house rules and other info about the area. That way if I need to change something, just change that page! Guest won't show up with incorrect data and life is good!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marcia72,

Lovely to meet you. 

Good thinking @Steve143 and @David641. 🙂 Marcia has this helped to explain the situation? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.