Blocking out Dates

Answered!
Lauren-and-Steve0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Blocking out Dates

Hello everyone, I wish to stop guests from arriving and departing on 24th/25th December and 31st December/01st January. If I block out these dates on my calendar does it stop guests from booking a stay over these dates? For example the minimum stay at my property is 7 nights so I'm happy for guests to arrive on say 22nd December and depart on 29th December. Thank you in advance:).

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you block out dates and there are stlll 7 nights in between, then they can book any dates in the intermediate period. If there are not 7 nights, and that is your minimum stay, then no, they will not be able to book.

Only suggestion would be to remove IB (if you have it switched on) and then deal with any booking requests as they come through and explain what check in/.out dates are available over that period.

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you block out dates and there are stlll 7 nights in between, then they can book any dates in the intermediate period. If there are not 7 nights, and that is your minimum stay, then no, they will not be able to book.

Only suggestion would be to remove IB (if you have it switched on) and then deal with any booking requests as they come through and explain what check in/.out dates are available over that period.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lauren-and-Steve0  Probably you will need to do what @Gerry-And-Rashid0 suggest, but I wonder if you look at your availability settings under "add a requirement for seasons or weekends" if that will work for you.

We are new to advertising with Airbnb so thank you for this tip as it is a good suggestion. However, I've just tried it and the system only allows me to suggest one day for guests to arrive on between certain dates so I have opted to turn off IB for now until after the festive season. Thanks again!

Barbara199
Level 2
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom

I need to block out all dates for two months can I do this without losing my Superhost status?

Hello @Barbara199,

Blocking dates doesn't itself disqualify you from being a superhost.

One thing to remember is that during each 3 month superhost assessment period you must have at least 10 completed reservations.

If your two months are completely within an assessment period then that leaves you only one month to have the 10 completed reservations.

Steve.

@Steve143

I may be wrong, but I believe you would need 10 reservations during the year rather than during each 3 month assessment period.  

Hello @Marit-Anne0,

Aye, you're right, it's 10 reservations per year. Thanks for pointing it out.

Steve.

Anne361
Level 1
Kampala, Uganda

Hello all, I have blocked out some days of March and April. This is according to a guest. Please guide me on how to unblock because I do not know how they got blocked in the first place

@Anne361  I looked at your calendar and do not see any blocked days in either March or April.  Perhaps the guest is mistaken.

Thanks Linda. 

dates blocked that I made no reservation for?

Hello, does anyone know how to block out the afternoon after a departure? Do you just block out the whole day if you need this time to clean or does that affect the person's booking who is checking out that morning? Many thanks!

@Luisa125  I think the system can only block whole days on either side of a reservation.  Therefore, the time between check out and check in should be your prep time for the next guest.  Sometimes a host can't immediately prep the space due to working or distance or sometimes the guest checks out late.  I don't like the pressure, frankly, so I like a whole day.

I know the feeling! Many thanks!