How to get rid of email notifications

Jennifer286
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

How to get rid of email notifications

I have repeatedly tried to change notifications to NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS, but I still keep getting emails.  I have a host profile because I sometimes act as a co-host when my neighbour (whose home is listed on Airbnb) is away travelling.  But most of the time I do NOT want to get all my neighbour's communications with his guests in my inbox.  How can this be fixed?

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

View your NOTIFICATION SETTINGS and see if that helps

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jennifer286,

The only way to stop getting your host's emails is to have him remove you as a co-host.

The email notification settings on your host profile apply to emails regarding your hosting only.

If you set this to disable email notifications and are acting as a host in your own right, then you should nolonger get emails regarding your hosting activities with your own listing.

You are a co-host. The co-host feature description states that the co-host receives the guests' communications that the main host receives. This is because the feature implements quite a close host to co-host arrangement where the co-host can communicate with, greet and review the guests.

If you are not involved with the host's listing while he is there then he should remove you as a co-host and re-instate the co-hosting only while he's away.

What can a co-host do?

Steve.