How to Modify Address Message

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

How to Modify Address Message

When I set up this listing, I wanted guests to go to the back door.  Now that has changed.

They must go to the front door to enter the house. However, Airbnb`s software won`t let me

edit the address.  I don`t wish to edit the address, just modify the phrase (Enter from the Back Door) to

Enter from the front door.

You can see my dilemna here:

https://www.airbnb.com/manage-listing/11246929/location

How do you edit this.  I tried and got a message that I cannot do it.  Saying I need to make a new listing.  This listing is popular so I don`t want to delist it and start all over again.  I can`t find an Airbnb contact for this problem either.  Any advice or comments appreciated!

4 Replies 4
Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The link you provided is invisible to us since it was taen from your secured environment.

However, I think you are referring to the Pre-booking message. Thsi ore-booking message is only available when instant book is turned on. This means that if you have set up this pre-booking message in the past (when you allowed instant bookings) and turned off instant book afterwards, your guests will not receive this message. You will still be able to see your pre-booking message, but it will be in a grey/greyed out window.

If instant book is (still) on, you should be able to edit your message.

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Thank you for your reply!  When I`ve tried to alter it, it says I am not authorized to do so, as an address cannot be changed.  Which is strange, because people do move.  It says I must set up a new listing.  Which I really don`t want to do.

The guests see the message that says come to the back door and they do.  However, now there is no access at the back door.  they need to come to the front door. And some of them even enter the neighbours yard which is a real No No.

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

It`s the location tab I cannot modify.

Maggie10
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

I also want to change the directions to my place but cant find anyhere I can do this