How do I remove myself as host to a friends property?

Helen587
Level 1
Hastings, United Kingdom

How do I remove myself as host to a friends property?

I Airbnb my own home and am a Superhost and listed a friends property on my account as I was going to manage it. It hasn’t worked out and another person is going to manage it (who I have made co host) I have contacted Air BnB help and they suggested I deactivate the listing - but there are upcoming bookings. After a week of communication they deactivated the account last night and my friend activated it and I have found I am still primary host 

3 Replies 3
Helen587
Level 1
Hastings, United Kingdom

Which means money will still get transferred into my account and communication is to me. Does anyone know how to sort this out? Thank you Helen

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Helen587  The listing needs to be deleted and a new one started with the new host. You can not change hosts. This is no different than if you owned the home and were selling it to another host, they could not keep your listing. Remove the co-host and delist AirBnB can help transfer the booking to the new host once she sets up the new listing. 

Pauliina1
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

I have exactly the same problem than Helen and I am wondering what to do. I tried to add another bank account (that is the new manager's account) but it doesn't seem to go through. It's a shame if I have to delete this listing since the place has got some very good reviews already.