How Can Guests Book After A Cancellation?

How Can Guests Book After A Cancellation?

So this is my first time hosting and i guess i accidentally had instant booking on. I cancelled the guys reservation because someone had already texted me and said they for sure wanted it. I didnt even know the guy booked it. So now the person who wants to book it can't. It says "not possible". How can i un-cancel? Does it take 24 hours?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Hi David, You've hit your first learning experience as a new host!

Airbnb takes cancellations very seriously because guests get super-dissatisfied if they think they have a confirmed booking and then hosts pull the rug out from under them (whether it was well intended, as in your case, or because they thought they could make more $ with another guest, didn't keep their calendar up to date, etc.)

When you cancel, Airbnb does a number of things:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Including blocking your calendar. You can't unblock it, but you could try to sell those dates through another platform.

There's a lot to learn as a new host - keep checking out the forums and Airbnb help articles so you can avoid other pitfalls. It'll get easier as you learn the ropes 😉

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

One other thing:

You now have an automated posting on your listing that says you cancelled the reservation 4 days before arrival.

This can discourage many guests from booking with you, so it would be worth a short/professional mea culpa about "learning the ropes/ mistake/ won't happen again". I think you have about 2 week window to do so.

so There is no way to get those days unblocked?