House manual

Alex153
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

House manual

I often have guests that are using Airbnb for the first time and have no idea that there is a house manual. I am looking for a canned answer to tell them where to find it. But I can't remember from my two experiences actually renting myself the steps to find it. And I have no other way to locate it. Does anyone have a concise descrition of where a confirmed renter can locate it? Then I can send to each renter that asks (and it is about 30% of them!!)

Thanks,

Alex

9 Replies 9
Marie3
Level 4
Northfield, MN

If they go to their "Trips" tab a photo from your listing should be there with a bar across it saying "View Itinerary" when they click on that it will take them to a summary of their trip. As they scroll down they'll see Check in, Address, Guidebook, House Rules etc...

Under the Guidebook there is a link that should say "See Alex's Recommendations" It will take them to a map of your area with flags to click on for the things you have recommended and what you had to say about each place.

Hope that makes sense!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Alex153  Dear Alex, I wanted to make this so much easier for you.  Everything and I mean EVERYTHING can be found in the Airbnb email booking confirmation sent by Airbnb to the guests is there for them to read, read and read.  The only reason they wouldn't find a House Manual, (in that email) is because the host didnt' create one.  I have to constantly remind my guests to open that confirmation email everytime they arrive on the island (before checkin ) asking me the same questions over and over, to please OPEN your Airbnb email and read everything that was sent in that booking email.  I stayed in Airbnb for the second time this past week at Disneyland and I didn't have to ask the host (who lives in CO) a single question becauase I read the entire listing at booking and REREAD my confirmation email again too......except when we checked in...."Where are the clean towels?"  YIKES!  Majority of the hand towels, face towels and bath towels were covered in black grease stains, dirty hand prints, and horrible stains.  Can you imagine that!?!?  

Just do yourself a time saving favor and create a message (that you can just hit copy and paste) and send it out everytime someone ask a question that is already found in the email.....a polite one like I did that says...."Everything you need to know is found in the confirmation email that Airbnb sent you at the time of booking."  

by the way, you might be interested to know how I test people on whether or not they actually READ my house manual and house rules....its working and I am getting the most incredible guests these past 6 months,,,, instead of the well...less desirable ones who hate to read or just plain lazy! hahahahaha

Hope this helps.  Aloha from Superhost Momi , #LiveThere #LiveAloha 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Momi0, I am very interested in your "test"

@Kelly58   Hi Kelly.  The test is in my House Rules.  haha  

It proves to me if they will be a respectful guests or a lazy one.  And yes, it works!  I have had more guests admit to me that I "caught" them on skipping, jumping and skimming reading my House Rules, or not reading it at all, including other lawyers. haha

SIDE NOTE: hundreds of hosts have now added this same test to their listing House Rules after reading mine.

btw: not sure what happened but I never received your message in 2016 prior to seeing it today. Perhaps because there is a comma added to my letters of my name.  hhhmmm  (glad I saw it today)

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

I have adopted many of Momi's  house rules for my own rentals, 
And the Van Halen clause definitely lets you know who has read thru the required agreements or not.
Momi has great advice and lots of valuable experience in dealing with guests and AirBnb that she freely shares here with other hosts.
Do a search of her comments and you will find a treasure of ideas and solutions to problems you haven't experienced yet.

Thanks Momi! for extending Aloha all over the world!

@Ron103   I had no idea you wrote this post a few days because I wasn't tagged like this @Momi0 but I sure am glad that another friend of mine saw it and sent me a DM to go read it.   That was incredibly kind of you to say all that.  Its definitely my goal to help other hosts as much as possible especially since I had "No Mentor" in Hawaii to guide me back in 2015 when I first started hosting except for a few awesome hosts on the CC who's comments I could read for guidance.  The improvements that ABB has made since I started hosting 2 years ago is just simply awesome, especially the Co-Hosting feature that other hosts are now using to contact me to help be their "mentor".  They learn how to host and and I get paid for it.  Win-Win.

Remember what I shared with you in my private reply message back to you?....Red flags are ALWAYS shown in the pre-booking message process if a host ask the right questions and has an ongoing chat with the potential guests....listen to your gut!  And never choose money over relaxing happiness.  The "Right Guests" will always appreciate what you wrote and will take the time to read your listing/House Rules.  And those who need a gentle reminder to do so, will most likely apologize for not reading all of it the first time....great sign of a respectful guests. And those who do not apologize, get a quick $999 a night Special Offer from me. haha  (Because thats the ONLY price I am willing to host that guest at) - and sure enough, the Declines come from them.  Works for me. 🙂

Again, thank you for taking the time to express how much my posts have helped you with your hosting journey.   

Helpful tip to everyone.  When you hit reply back to a host, or want to make sure the hosts gets the post, be sure to use the --------> @ symbol so it brings down the drop arrow of names choices to choose from.  

Aloha, Momi

Thanks so much!! I kind of figured something like that - but have never
seen a confirmation email! Appreciate your help. Happy Hosting 🙂

Alex Osborne

I agree Alex. I've had this question A LOT. People saying they weren't told things when it is all in the manual. There must be a better way, an improvement Airbnb can make to their way of working to make this more obvious/visible ...

@Kelly58   Forgot to ask you ....why is your profile not showing your beautiful face and smile?  Do you know as a host you are suppose to upload your facial photo just as every guests is suppose to do as well?  Its written as a statment on the Airbnb website that all hosts and guests are expected to upload a front clear facial photo to their profile account.  I remind any guests who approaches me with a booking requests that they will need to change their profile photo immediately if I don't see a nice facial photo. And any couple coming to my home must also submit a clear facial photo of their traveling companion too along with their FULL NAME too. 

Right now, I see a flag.  haha  (gotta say, cool pic though)

Aloha, Momi