Hosting slow in Cape Town South Africa

Cindy-and-Roberto0
Level 1
Southern Suburbs, South Africa

Hosting slow in Cape Town South Africa

Good day

I am a host in Cape Town South Africa and would love any tips/ideas on how to get more international people to visit our beautiful home and country.....

https://www.airbnb.com/5999103/

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Cindy-and-Roberto0 I would advice you to update your calender everyday so that to keep a good ranking among other listings in your area. Change your pricing from time to time do not stick with the same price during thw whole year. Upload new photos of your property regularly. Good luck!!!

Hi Oomesh,

Thanks for the advice.... will look into it xx

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cindy-and-Roberto0   I looked at your 2 listings and have a couple of questions.  For the older listing there is only one review reflective of a stay a year and a half ago.  Did you snooze this listing for a while?  If so, be sure to check your competition and see how your rates compare.  If your competition is similarly priced, make yours lower because more than likely there are recent reviews.  Also, in your description add a note why no one has stayed there for a long time.  Did you update the place?  Were you traveling?  Add some explanation.

You other listing does not have any pictures of the space so travelers will not be interested.  Any reason why you have a listing with no photos?  If you are waiting for good pictures, you could snooze your listing until you have something to look at.

Cindy-and-Roberto0
Level 1
Southern Suburbs, South Africa

Hi Linda,

Thank you for you comments......2 listing have been deactivated as the properties are sold.

The older listing is our personal home which we live in and rent out on airbnb mostly over Dec/Jan holidays.

Our home caters as is for 6 people, but can accommodate larger groups by prior arrangement.

We are open to renting out during other times of year should we get a request.....

Our daily price is R4000 per day for whole house for 6 people....

eg: R666 per person per night which we feel is very reasonable and competitive.

Thanks again for advice xx

Cindy

Patrick-and-Beverly0
Level 2
Lake Michigan Beach, MI

I liked that idea to address - the dates blocked on the calendar or no guests.    I just placed a note on our hosting site.  Thank You    We are a resort area and normally closed for the cold seasons.   Good idea.