Hosting

Anthony119
Level 1
New York, NY

Hosting

Hello i am a new host in crown heights when do you normaly get your first booking

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Anthony119 I got mine about 3 weeks after publishing my listing for the first time, but you shouldn't use that as a benchmark.  I'm out in the wine country of California and you are in NYC.  Some hosts get bookings within minutes, some weeks.  Maybe other hosts will chime in on this!

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Hi @Anthony As Clare said it is variable across destinations and what you have to offer v the competition and of course pricing. If I could make 1 suggestion? I looked at you listing and your photos are blurred and not overly inviting. Can I suggest you take some time and ’stage’ the shoot with new clearer photos? Anyway good luck with your listing. We LOVE NY!

Wayne9
Level 4
Metairie, LA

If you want to try to get bookings a little faster, you could try lowering the price below comparable listings in your area or try the Smart Pricing feature.  

Sabine42
Level 10
Tucson, AZ

Hi Anthony,

i would also suggest using better photos.  In addition, your 30 cash fee for extra guests is not how you should conduct Airbnb business. It's against Airbnb rules, you won't have the support of Airbnb should something go wrong and it looks bad. 

^^  Agreed.

We got our first reservation request within hours of posting our listing.  We priced it exceptionally low to get some reviews and made sure to do LOTS of research about the Airbnb platform and the various "tricks of the trade."  I advise you do a lot of reading and research as well.

BTW, there is NO support from AirBnb for Hosts...you're on your own!  (Might have the next best thing...email addresses for the Founders (3)...interested?)

George100
Level 2
Heraklion, Greece

Hello Anthony,

I got mine 1 year after i published the listing, but it was my fault. I started all this for fun but then i realized that i could earn some money +friends. 

So it depends the place, the price the amenities you offer etc.

Regards

George

https://www.airbnb.gr/rooms/7792569?wl_source=list&wl_id=170599014&role=owner&adults=1&children=0&in...