Hacked account

Melissa211
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hacked account

So, my account was hacked and some joker had a good look at different (expensive flats) in central London back in January. One of their requests was accepted and money was transferred to Airbnb for holding (24 hours until paid to the host). I woke up to find all these requests on my phone (good job I had set up notifications!!). Anyway, I contacted a Airbnb right away and many many times following to resolve this issue and get my money back. Literally, every representative I spoke to was friendly, however could never give me an answer. I was just told the case had been marked as urgent!!! I eventually received an email but this was just stating they were aware I would keep me updated. No. I decided to contact my bank and get them to dispute it, which they did as well as sending me temporary transaction of the money that was stole from me.

I received an email from my bank the other day with an attachment of the conclusion from Airbnb. They basically contested my report/request and in the details said that i had failed to contact customer services and report the incident. WHAT THE HELL!?! No, i have all the names, dates, times, emails and messages to the host of the reservation on record.

I can't believe the correspondence from Airbnb, it's shocking. When there are some it's extremely vague and doesn't provide any answers to concerns and the urgent need to resolve the case. I have put all this evidence to my bank and they will investigate further with you Airbnb! On top of the last call I made on Thursday to query the investigation, the call cost me £11!!!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Melissa211

Please repost this as a new thread rather than tagging onto someone else's unconnected thread as more people will see it.

Airbnb has behaved despicably.

In your situation I would be on the phone to them know asking them what they are playing at.

I would also post under one of their threads on Facebook. Do this rather than posting your own thread as this means it will be available for anyone visiting their facebook.

Finally tweet their Airbnb Help and corporate account.

This should bet them to take some action.

Do let us know what happens.

The very least they should do as well as returning your money is to give you a credit towards accommodation.