Guidebook OFFLINE

Guidebook OFFLINE

Our Guidebook, which contains approximately 50 local items, has never worked.  We have repeatedly reported this to AirBnB support.

It remains offline today, December 9, 2018.

As a workaround, can AirBnB support give us a method of emailing our Guidebook to our registered guests, perhaps as a PDF, directly from the  AirBnB app or website?

4 Replies 4
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Hey @Douglas174, you could just print it out and leave it in the listing, or print and scan it yourself into a doc or pdf form if you have that capability. I would imagine a local copy shop could scan it as a either as well. 

Guidebook still offline...

Hi Ava,

No problem printing a PDF for our guests, who can then read it when they arrive.

However, our preference is to provide this info well before arrival, so the guests can plan their activities.  

The AirBnB Guidebook is simply not functional as an online feature.

Also, guests' personal email addresses are not available to hosts, as all comms are through AirBnB.  It's not possible to send a PDF to them without requesting email addresses outside AirBnB (as far as we know), which we don't want to do.

AirBnB techs:  any light on the horizon?

D

I have reported this to ABnB customer service and via the help page "Bug Report".  It seems they have just eliminated it.  You can edit your existing guidebook, but you can't add anything to it.

The reason I went to look is I noticed I was getting inquiries about nearby restuarants and when I pointed a guest to the guidebook they said they couldn't find it on the page.

Does anyone see their guidebooks?  If so where?

Hi Douglas, we skipped Airbnb's guidebook and use HouseGuide instead: https://www.houseguideapp.com 

Hope that helps!