Guests Hurt my rating due to uncontrollable circumstances

Guests Hurt my rating due to uncontrollable circumstances

I'm getting low stars on cleanliness due to things outside of my control - weather, location, outside bugs - we're in the tropics! It's a rainforest! How can I keep guests from dinging my rating with this ridiculousness?

1 Reply 1
Stacie5
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Maybe you can add some details about this kind of stuff to your listing. Is there a muddy spot around your property they should look out for after a heavy rain? Critters that they may see? Even if it's all outside-related and the inside is perfectly fine, you could set the scene a bit more so they know what to expect.

My low stars have always come from location. People give me a low location rating due to my urban neighborhood (even though location is perfect, right by everything you want to do in the city) so I've made sure to add more information about the neighborhood so they know what to expect. I'm also going to message all future bookings letting them know more about the neighborhood and make sure they're comfortable with seeing a homeless person or some trash in someone's yard.