Guest booked 5 nights, wants me to comp a 6th.

Amorn-and-Chris0
Level 2
Ko Samui, Thailand

Guest booked 5 nights, wants me to comp a 6th.

This is a little bizarre and not something I've run into before. A guest did an instant booking this morning and I thought everything was fine. He sent me a message this afternoon to ask if it was ok to check-out a day later. I told him it's no problem, I can amend the booking as we have availability.

He then wrote: "Will I be charged an additional day though? Typically with hotels we don’t get change for the checkout date?" (verbatim, C&P)

I thought he was having some fun with me and said we would need to charge him for the extra night. I haven't heard back from him and now I'm a little concerned that perhaps he was deadly serious. In this instance, I think I'd prefer that he cancelled his reservation... or if I could do so without incurring the wrath of Airbnb's Host cx policy and lose my Superhost status.

1 Reply 1
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Amorn-and-Chris0  It's an instant booking I would call AirBnB and tell them you are completely uncomfortable with this guest and get the reservation canceled penalty free. This guest is going to be nothing but a pain and trouble. All the red flags are there you do not need the money this badly to host this guest in my humble opinion. He's going to trash your review rating also is my guess. Get rid of him before he can do so. He wants to stay free and no hotel would do that dispite what he says. Cancel on him ASAP for your own good.