Extra guests/kids

Karen299
Level 1
Tillson, NY

Extra guests/kids

I recently rented my 1 br condo to "2 adults and 1 infant". I gave them a ridiculously good special offer price. Now they show up with a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and an infant. I am off premise- I have a neighbor meet & greet, etc. The extra laundry, showers, possibility of breakage (I have glass table tops, etc) is sooo annoying! Not to mention the noise a 6 & 4 year old make..even joyful playing and laughter! What would my options have been? I couldn't/wouldn't turn them away-

Just curious if others have had this issue.

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Karen299 Plenty of other people have had this problem. It happens everyday on Airbnb. If you have an extra guest fee, you can charge for the additional children using the Resolution Center. I would also note it in their review. 

It might sound crazy, but you can put in your notes that if there are more guests than what is mentioned than the fee for the extra guest, if you find out will be higher. This is something along the lines of what I have after having guests that would invite friends to sleep over during a convention when they visited. I get it, you think it's cool, but cleaning up after one extra person and washing their linens, etc is not cool.

Lori83
Level 5
Omaha, NE

Karen, I note your listing indicates no additional for additional guests.  Given that you extended  a special offer you might make future special offers contintgent upon the nubmer of guests listed and note what the additional charge would be for each additional guest not listed in the inquiry.  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Karen0 I am sure you already can't wait for this booking to be finally be over, and can't wait to change a few things and implement more safeguards for the future.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Karen299

we intend to instal security camera but until then we personally meet our guests , make as much beds and towels as guests booked and hope for best. Our extra guest charge is just 10€ so we hope it is usually not worth all the hassle to sneak someone in . Of course it did happend few times ... ah...