Disable PETS ALLOWED from amenities

Camila36
Level 2
Portland, OR

Disable PETS ALLOWED from amenities

Hello All,

I just set up my first listing and even though i do NOT allow pets, it's being displayed on the amenities section and I can't seem to edit it. When i press the edit button, the Pet option does not appear on the list of amenities.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

21 Replies 21
Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really don't have a clue. I just checked my own listing and tried to edit the amenities. No "pets allowed"-option shows up indeed. yet, it says in my listing pets aren't allowed. I can't recall if I have ever indicated such.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Camila36

It may be just a temporary glitch. If you're using the app, go to a computer to change it. Otherwise try logging out, refreshing, and logging in again - this seems to often help from what is posted on Community.

I am on my computer and in my Booking section the tab for No Pets is accurately set. Yet, my listing still says Pets Allowed in the Amenities section.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Camila36,

This would now be located in your house rules under the "Booking" section.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Camila36 It's not under "Amenities" as one would logically think, it's found under "Booking" . Just slide it over to No on the Suitable for Pets option. Hope that helps - Karen

Thank you sooooo much for your help...

Mark262
Level 2
Easton, MA

Folks,

Same issue here.  I've got the setting correct in the Bookings section, have logged out and back in again, but "Pets Allowed" still shows up in the Amenities section.  With instand booking turned on, I'd hate to have disappointed guests.  Any other suggestions?

Best,

Mark

Mark,

I was able to change the amenities setting on my mobile phone. I had the same issue as you, but was using my computer then.

Try your app.

Good Luck!

Camila

MY LISTING DOES SAY "UNSUITABLE FOR PETS" under Booking. (It also shows Unsuitable for children. Luckily nobody has tried to move in with a kid! Yet.) I have gone in to double-check what is checked for pets after hearing from irate users who found me on a search for pet-friendly spaces. Luckily they read my house rules before instant booking! Then they tell me I'm in the wrong for my listing showing up on a pet-friendly search. I have tried repeatedly to fix this but under Amenities my listing still shows "PETS ALLOWED". Under SPACE they show that I am a "Pet owner with cat(s) and dog(s)". It's true but I can't find where I ever TOLD airbnb about it. Creepy. As I tell prospective guests several places in the listing, my animals don't tolerate visiting animals. The fact that animals live here on the premises does seem like useful information in case someone has allergies or phobias. But I'd be willing to remove that useful information if it would end this mess with false matches on pet-friendly searches. I just can't find where to remove it (or where Airbnb learned it in the first placce...) Pets show up as an amenity but there's no place to edit it out under Amenities. Having unsuitable for pets checked under Booking doesn't work. There is one curious place they call "Additional Amenities -- 6 amenities selected". When I open that there are not 6 selected. Only 4 are highlighted as having been selected. Could the invisible 2 be my dogs and cats? 

I am DISGUSTED with the difficulties with this website!  

Sophie215
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

I also have this problem although I have specified no pets allowed in the house rules section, and indeed the house rules on my listing clearly says no pets (see attached screen capture)Capture.JPG.

I have added a note to my "house rules" text saying:

Please note that guests are not able to bring pets. If you can see "pets allowed" in the amenities listing, this is an error caused by a technical glitch in the AirBNB system, and does not mean that guests are allowed to bring pets. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hopefully this will make it clear for guests but I hope AirBNB will fix this glitch soon as I could entirely understand if people were confused by it. Has anyone been able to raise this issue with AirBNB directly rather than just discussing it here?

same problem.  does anyone from airbnb ever answer these questions?

No they don't seem to.

Hi, I had to involve Airbnb to cancel a reservation so that it wouldn't affect guest or host ratings. I had no idea that my listing was saying pets allowed, and apparently the guest had not realized he should at least tell a house that he plans to bring two dogs. This glitch is still occurring, because people can instant book, and apparently indicate that they are a guest and a pet. There is no option to add a pet fee with the fees section. There is also no location for a guest to indicatewhat type of pet they want to bring, and no place for a host to indicate what type of pet they would allow. I have brought this to the attention of Airbnb as of this week, but it's apparently a different department than the one I was talking to in order to change the web layout.

Conor7
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Ok.  Just called and suffered through the hold music.  Basically what you need to do is go to "booking".  Slide "suitable for pets" to yes.  Exit screen.   Go back to booking.  Slide "suitable for pets" to no. Click back to the preview your listing.  Refresh and whaaa-la....no pets allowed.