Did Verified ID Change?

Hannah35
Level 2
Washington, DC

Did Verified ID Change?

I would like to only accept guests with verified ID...is there a way to do this without enabling instant book? Since we've listed our place we keep getting requests from people who don't have much of a profile and no reviews. A lot of them also say that they just created their account this month. I would like to weed some of these people out but can't find a way to add verified ID without enabling instant book. Please help!
6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I'm not aware of a setting you can click, but you can put a blurb towards the top of your profile that says you only accept guests with IDs verified through Airbnb.  This won't guarantee to weed out the newbies without verification, but may help some?

@Hannah35 @Cynthia-and-Chris1

The listing section is more than convoluted. Taking the time to patiently click through all possibilities in the Host, Messages, Account sections will show you all kinds of places where different settings are 'hidden'. Once you've done this, you'll know it's there even if you can't find it and will continue to look for it. It pays off. And then don't think it's written in stone, since there's always changes, so you end up looking for them again.

Knowing how to look though, is prerequisite to hosting. So do have a look.

What you're looking for is under 'Booking' with a box to check for 'Verified ID'.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

This doesn't prevent ppl sending you an inquiry though even if they are not ID verified. It only kicks in when they send a request.

Nuremberg0
Level 2
Nuremberg, Germany

Hi Hannah,

There is an option. Go to your listing then reservation requirements, there you can tick an option. Require guests to go through verification. This option will make all your guest to go trough ID verification process, if they dont the booking wont be accepted until he/she does.

Hope this helps.

Rg.

Sebastian

Coleen2
Level 4
Lège-Cap-Ferret, France

I just thought this may be important to note. When I first joined Air BnB as a guest, my ID was was magically verified without me scanning any ID or linking email or Facebook. This was in Feb 2015. The 'Verified' just showed up on my account. I loved the concept of Air BnB and this did not discourage me from becoming a host recently. It does however, make me refuse instant book and ask for more details before allowing a guest in my home. Community sharing theory is a beautiful thing that I love but it doesn't protect you from those that believe in the theory of survival of the fittest. ( or were raised in a culture of thieves, grifters, and other nefarious pursuits )
Kathleen169
Level 2
Inverness, United Kingdom

Hi Coleen,

Unfortunatly I agree with most of what you have said , Ive not been with airbnb more than a year but I have been in the Guest house Bed and breakfast buisness for as long as I can remember . Before you gave most of your profit to booking.com , expedia, etc

I can honestly say 99% of people are very honest and leave the apartment in an acceptable state , after all they are on holiday . I know you take a chance if not verified , I suppose it depends on how much you depend on the income and of course you should always have it insured against damage.

I like to think and have been proven so far, that unverified have been very nice and perfect guests. SO FAR . I still ask for extra info.

Also I suppose you are taking them into your home mine are in an apartment which is specifically set up for holiday makers , so nothing of sentimental value. I still like to make an impromtue visit sometimes if I have a gut feeling .  Always follow that gut feeling never lets me down. Ive let it down by not taking any notice of my feelings or being to lazy to do somthing, always a regret. 

Think i rambled on a bit. I also love the concept of Air BnB . 

There is always someone somewhere who will ruin it for others , stealing , damage , parting, leaving rubbish lying around etc etc. 

Regards 

Kathleen