Currency mismatch

Charlie15
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Currency mismatch

Hello. I live in London, am listing in London and have an interested client who is registered in London. Can anyone explain why, then, he would be being quoted in dollars, when my listing is in GBP? It is quoting the payout to me in GBP too, but the price for him is in dollars.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

C

4 Replies 4
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi, 

There are two possible reasons for this - 

1) Quotes always appear in your local currency; so if you are registered as living in USA, the rate will appear in US dollars, if you are in Australia then it will show as Australian dollars and so forth - it saves the guest the burden of doing the conversation of the different currencies themselves.

2)If the guest is based in the UK and registered as such on AIRbnb it would make sense to have the rates in £, they can easily rectify this by scrolling to the bottom of the listing page, left hand corner right underneath the language is a currency box, yours will show as GBP, there is a little drop down triangle in this box to choose their preferred currency.

Hope this is of some help.

Ama

Karen120
Level 2
Veryan, United Kingdom

Hiya

I live in the UK and have been at the same address since starting Airbnb, so always quoted in GBP.

For some unknown reason the quote is now appearing in dollars....I have tried changing the Base Price etc which when I'm in it quotes in GBP, but on my Listing, is dollars.  I've also checked my profile details which still register me as UK.

Very confused!  I have 4 Listings so it's becoming quite confusing.

How can I put this right and why did it happen randomly in the first place??

Many thanks

Karen

Matthew5
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

Hi we have properties in Canada and US, however most of the canadian properties are shown in US currency on the airbnb app, and most of the time it does not say what currency it is . its very confusing.  Id like all canadian properties to be shown in CDN dollars but even though i list the price in CDN the inquiries that come in often show in USD. Does anyone know how to correct this? thanks

Kris77
Level 1
Vigo, Spain

Hello all,

Today I was searching for an accommodation in Brussels and found a room that suits me for 99 EUR.

At the moment of payment, suddenly the currency has changed and I had to pay in USD via PayPal. Due to the exchange I paid 105.78 EUR (119 USD). I am in Spain (EUR) going to Belgium (EUR) what dollars have to do there? I think it's not OK to play such games.

The host doesn't know why this has happened. Anyone was in similar situation? What did you do?

Thank you in advance for replying.