Cancellation & Refund

Nev0
Level 4
Manhattan Beach, CA

Cancellation & Refund

Aloha- I have been a host for over 4 years and over 250 guests.  Today I had my first cancellation by me the host.  My guest booked 4 days for an event we take minimum 10 days.  The calendar year rolled over and they made the reservation exactly 1 year in advance before the 10 day minimum had been updated for 2017.  BUT when I reviewed her options I noticed the name signed on the reservation instant book request was different from the profile name- one was male the other female and he indicated he was going to watch his sister- one Nate the other Shannon.  As I never cancelled- I decided this was easiest for all BUT when I went to go back to the calendar AirBnB has permantly blocked the dates after I cancelled although I never referenced anything about the dates being unavailable...I am assuming I have to call AirBnb but I have been on hold for 45 minutes so far...HORRIBLE customer service and it gets worse every month by AirBnB.  Anybody have this experience with blocked dates that are 100% out of your control?  how can they do this without asking you?  Bnb

3 Replies 3
Pam58
Level 1
Tucson, AZ

That just happened to me!  I was hoping you knew the way to put dates back on line. 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Nev0, I am puzzled: after all these years of hosting, did you not know about the severe penalties Airbnb leverages against hosts when they cancel a guest? among them is that the dates remain blocked out and you cannot rent them out to anybody else. Do stay on the phone, explain your situation and hope they'll undo it, also not level the severe financial  penalties against you. please read up on all of that, good luck!

Manuel110
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

I have the same situation and still dont know how to fix it. The days are still blocked and i need to unblock them. Also there is noone i can talk to on the phone.