Calendar update

Jill27
Level 1
Alyth, United Kingdom

Calendar update

Hi,

My calendar says it was last updated on the 28th of March but I have updated it several times since then. I don't want to look as if I'm not paying attention to my claendar.

Is there any way to contact Airbnb directly and ask them to sort it out? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

Jill

24 Replies 24
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jill27 A listing only shows that it has been updated when you edit or change something in the listing such as description, cancellation policy, House Rules and the like.  Editing your calendar (blocking / unblocking dates, changing prices, etc.) will not result in the update message. 

I just found this out recently too.  🙂

Jill27
Level 1
Alyth, United Kingdom

Thanks Clare,

That makes sense.... just as long as guests see that my calendar is up to date. I know it can be a bit off putting if it looks like a calendar hasn't been regulalry refreshed.

As the updating of the calender plays a major role in the listing of one's property, I do hope that they relate to the calender update and not to the one that is listed under listing. Do you know? 

I need to know how to block a certain no of rooms for a particular date.. Have you any suggestions

Bob26
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Hello

I have a cancelation that is still blocked out on my calendar.  How do I clear my calendar to make those dates available again?

Thank you

Oh no! @Bob26 Looks like you cancelled an Instant Book reservation.  Airbnb comes down hard on hosts who cancel and assesses penalties, one of which is to block the dates of the resevation on your calendar.  Read more about it here: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Two things I would advise:

1. Contact Airbnb and ask them to free up your calendar...tell them you are new and didn't understand the consequences of cancelling.  See the link below for all the ways to contact Airbnb. 

2. Until you get a bit more experience, turn off Instant Book.  You can do this by going to your Manage Listing page and to the right of Calendar and More and Preview, you'll see a lightening bolt. Click on it and it should turn grey.   Or, go to the drop down menu after you've clicked on Calendar and More and click on Booking.  Where you see Who can Book Instantly, select No One....

Here's a bonus link to Airbnb help articles that may help you in the future: 

I wish you the best of luck!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Thank you so much! You are dead right I am  very new!

Also,  Bob, if you need to cancel, make sure you cite the reason as "Not comfortable with the guest." This is the only way you won't get penalized, though you'll get a reprimand from Airbnb. I lost my "Super Host" status as a result of (Airbnb enabled Instant Booking against my wishes) cancelling a reservation because they wanted a check in time of 2:00 AM.  : (

Anne319
Level 1
Newtonmore, United Kingdom

Glad you asked this, this has been bothering me for ages! Thanks for the replies

Sarah--And-Maayan-0
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

@Jill27

Going into your calendar and changing something DOES update your calendar!

You can only see this on the listing page itself.  In the date search box when you click on it the calendar will pop up.  Under the calendar it says updated today etc...

The update on the listing's page (www.airbnb.com/rooms) does not refer to the calendar but to the listing itself... 

I have made many changes to effect a calendar update - to no avail this time. 

Two weeks ago I did it and managed to update it somehow. 

I want all calendars to read as updated to me as well as guests viewing my listings.

I find this obstruction to updating to be a major inconvenience. We should be able to update the calendar simply and effectively.

Diane183
Level 1
Mashpee, MA

Yes,  this is a real problem that does not occur on any other rental website services except this one.

Guests using other websites judge properties by when the calendar was last updated,

Air Bnb makes updating the calendar difficult and it should be very simple.  I still do not get it,  l've altered things, added reservations, etc and calendar does not update.

Anyone have any updates on this? I'm frustrated that I can't update the calendar as I used to be able to by merely going to the calendar itself. Are we left with changing something on the calendar and then changing it back again to effect a calendar "update"?

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

Hi @Fiona-and-Keith-and-Fami0

Your calander say's "updated today"

Untitled4.jpg