Breaking house rules

Todor5
Level 2
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Breaking house rules

Hello!

Yesterday a guest arrived and the communication with him is pretty hard.

The problem is that he is breaking one of my house rules:

-if you have a pet contact me before you make reservation. (He didnt do it)

Last night a neighbour called me that there is a dog in the apartment so i came to check today but nobody was there except the dog.

During the last year i had met a few disrespectful guests but i always closed my eyes because i had the fear they could ruin my rating on purpose...some people prove diffucult to deal with in a regular and proper way.Which i think this is one of the problems for hosts who try their best for the guests and some bad people can ruin what you have done on purpose if you try to make a note of their disrespectful behaviour.Thank you and I will be glad to hear other hosts what they think.

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hosts need to unite to ruin guests' untrue 5-star ratings, @Todor5. Make sure you thumb him down and write an appropriate review. And the rating for him - score low on house rules and communication. Maybe cleanliness as well?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4

Yes every word you said is true and i will do it but it is different.

Because if his account is with bad reviews and ratings he can always book apartment through another account if he wants.

But if he decides to ruin your rating for some reason you cant do nothing.

All the efforts you have done for your guests and to have perfect ratings can be ruined.

@Todor5 - if you want them out of the apartment since they are violating your house rules, you need to contact Airbnb to get their support.  They will likely try to talk you out of it since you would normally accept dogs and the issue is that the guest didn't contact you about it which isn't the worst violation or even one that might warrant evicting the guest per se. You can definitely make a case to put them out and see what Airbnb says about it. 

thank you @Alice-and-Jeff0@ i will try to talk with the guests first.Yes i accept pets but definitely not all and sometimes the price is different also

It depends... if you are comming with a pomeranian or with a golden retriever.

Anyway in this case my neighbour told me they are with 3 dogs so its really not ok:D

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Do you know if this is a pet or an assistance animal?

David

@David126@Pet and not only one - 2 or 3 dogs

I will try to talk with him first and will update here.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Well, @Todor5, many hosts here do not agree with Airbnb's policy on infants and pets, and many in the course of events have removed the options to hosts them. Recently, I declined a request to host people with two dogs. Not all listings are for that.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Ming20
Level 2
Houston, TX

I have similar situation and its making me wondering if the house rules really mean anything at all?  Guest can just call and complain and host get penalized??   My guest broke my house rules has over occupancy so I text guest to remind them the  house rules.  They call air b n b to complain say they want to check out early and get remanding days refund. I respond to BNB sure.  BNB came back said the guest changed their mind because they can not find anything cheaper so they want to stay.  And told me If I want to received the additional guest fees I have to provide, evidence, video and documents AND the guests have to agreed to pay.  So I said  because they dont follow the rules, I want them to leave as they have requested.   BNB threat me if  I cancel the reservation, not only I will get penalized as Superhost but also not getting paid at all for their stay.  BNB said according to the contract host signed we give BNB the power to make the final decision.  Does this make sense?