Booking restrictions

Candice-and-Wade0
Level 1
Benalla, Australia

Booking restrictions

Hi everyone.

I have my booking set at the 3 month window. I was under the impression people COULD'T book more than 3 months in advance if this setting is on??

I had a lady book on 17th March to stay July 1st... which is over 3 months away.

I have instant book set which is great but 24 hours after she books, we've had something come up and won't be home therefore I can't host her and I've been stung with missing out on superhost and more but I thought this booking window was set for a reason.

Just wondering if someone couldn't kindly clarify this setting.

Thank you kindly

Candice

4 Replies 4
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Candice-and-Wade0 I'm so sorry that happened to you - how very frustrating! With your settings, that really shouldn't be possible - but there are glitches, and dates can & do open up for no discernible reason. It's a good idea to go in and manually block off entire months well into the future. Then keep an eye on what the calendar is doing, give it a quick once over to ensure dates haven't opened up (quite of their own accord) as part of your regular listing maintenance. 

I think under the circumstances, you would be able to have that cancellation removed - it's a calendar glich & not your fault - so contact Airbnb & hopefully they will do that for you. Hope that helps! - Karen

Hi @Karen-and-Brian0 Thank you so much for your respose and help to my question. It is greatly appreciated.

I thought it was strange that this had happened and I hope airbnb will help resolve it for me.

Thank you for your time and helpful response.

Kind Regards

Candice

Hi @Karen-and-Brian0

Airbnb help have been amazing and extremely helpful in resolving this for me.

Turns out if you manually unblock dates outside of the 3 month window (in my case) it will always override that setting in place.

I had done this unintentionally, marking my calendar for 'school holidays' not realising I made the days 'available' instead of keeping them 'unavailable'.

Just thought I would let you know this helpful piece of information.

Take care

Candice

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @Candice-and-Wade0! I'm glad you managed to resolve the issue and it's helpful for others to see what the solution was!

Kirstie