Bins with extra linens/towels

Johanna71
Level 2
Deerfield Beach, FL

Bins with extra linens/towels

I have a 3/2 on Airbnb.  I have double of everything (meaning all the linens and towels) so when the cleaning crew comes after a checkout, they spend more time cleaning and less time doing laundry.

How can I prevent my guests from going through all my stuff?  Typically they open all the bins (I really don't know what they're looking for because there's estra sheets, blankets and towels in the linen closet), and they take extra comforters out or towels, or sheets, causing us to have to re-wash everything.

I want to make a sign letting guests know they'll be charged if they open the bins.  Can I do that? What would be the proper wording so I don't offend my guests but also keep them out of those items.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You should lock up anything you do not want a guest to have access to, @Johanna71.  Counting on house rules or good guest behavior or even additional charges doesn't work according to most hosts of entire apartments.

Yeah, except I don't really have anywhere to lock them up, all the closet doors are mirrors, and don't really have anything that's lockable.  

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

As @Linda108 says, Lock it up, big cupboard with a big lock

@Johanna71 Just like @Linda108 and @Jeff158 say.............lock it all up in a closet, cupboard or cabinet. Also, I remember reading a suggestion from another host (don't remember who) on a different post that for extra sheets, blankets and towels you can put them in clear plastic bags or dust bags so if guests do not use them (take them out of the packaging) you won't have to wash them unnecessarily.