Beware of Scammers

Marti3
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Beware of Scammers

Recently in Indianapolis, Indiana, two Airbnb hosts were targeted by a young adult male who used a stolen credit card to book. The male's profile is Raymundo stating he lives in Waterloo, IL. He recently created his account and booked day-of. During his stay in an upscale condo downtown Indy, he and his friends were in and out every 30 minutes. The condo was trashed, ransacked, and items stolen. Please be aware. Raymundo's profile picture is blurry and he has no reviews. I am warning people to be wary of the following:
Day of booking is not typical.
Blurry profile pictures are sketchy.
If the profile was recently created, do more research.
If there are no reviews, do your research.
Talking on the phone may not give you the real picture of who this person is so I suggest you meet guests who you have a suspicious feeling about.
GO WITH YOUR GUT!
Airbnb should contact guests as soon as payment is declined. Raymundo from Waterloo used a stolen credit card which was declined, yet Airbnb did not take notice.
Please be careful!
1 Reply 1
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marti3

Thanks for letting the community aware of this issue. If this person's profile is still active I suggest you flag his profile to make airbnb aware. You just click on 'report this user' near the top of his profile, as in the screenshot below.

Report user screenshot.JPG

Kirstie