Base Price not resetting

Miri0
Level 2
Southbank, Australia

Base Price not resetting

I have reset my base price but on the calender it continues to display the old price. Have i forgotten to carry out a step?

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Miri0,

Changing your base price will not change the price on your calendar.  It will set that price for days as they become available though.  You need to change the prices on your calendar manually.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for your advise. I have successfully changed the rates in the calender as you have advised. 

Mak2
Level 1
Oak Park, IL

First, the directions on the help center aren't helpful because you can't change this previously set amount as described.  Doing it manually is cumbersome but I have changed my prices manually for the next two months yet my "base price" hasn't changed on my listing - why not and how far out do I need to change it for it to reflect a change?  I feel like the increased "old" price is hampering sales ever since our Village/Town started taxing guests (...and I need to have it changed quickly)!  Help!

How do I set my nightly price?

Your base price is your default nightly rate. To set your base price:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Select the listing you want to edit
  3. Go to Pricing settings in the top right-hand corner of the page
  4. Under Base price enter your nightly price
  5. Select your currency from the dropdown

Edits you make to your pricing only apply to reservations booked after you make the changes. Changes do not apply to upcoming reservations that were already accepted.