Advie please on recurring issue

Mark356
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Advie please on recurring issue

Hi everyone, To start with I hope this doesn't sound like I am racist in any way I am certainly not but I am having recurring issues with a nationality that stays here and not sure what to do......

I have been doing AIRBNB for a few months now and have had about 100+ people come and go from all over the world and I have had no issue from any of them APART from EVERY and I mean EVERY guest that has come from China.

As a example I shall highlight what the current guests are doing and it has been a photo copy of every other guest from China so far....

They leave all the lights on day and night even when they are out, you speak with them about it but they just ignore you, I put out a rules flyer for each guest they ignore it, I put up signs they ignore it.... They are FILTHY the bathroom is like a bomb hit it with all their things scattered all over the place, the hair is a daily issue it is everywhere in the bath basins benches etc it's like they pull it out and put it everywhere....

The runnbish in the room is all over the place floors under the bed and all and they have food and drink in there and make a mess even though as I say there are signs saying NO FOOD OR DRINK IN ROOM, I also physically tell them, it's on my advert AND they have the rules flyer....

They touch our food, my house mates food was removed and eaten yesterday and every other guest from China has also helped themselves to food...  They come in late and start banging around and showing no respect for the people sleeping at 2am and if you try talk to them they just simply don't do what you ask....

I have NEVER had this issue with any other guests what can I do? can I stop people from China booking the room or will that be seen as racist??? I have no issue with any nationality but my home is getting trashed by every single China booking, I have even had furniture damaged and AIRBNB has had to pay damages 3 times now

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

No way that AirBnb would allow that.

David
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

You can't deny a certain group entry.  But you can ask for massive cleaning fees.  I have a second fridge in my garage that I use when I entertain and I can lock my garage.  I'd have zero problem emptying the fridge in the house and leaving just ketchup and mustard.  Cleaning fee and separate fridge will solve a multitude of problems.  I have no idea what you can do about the noise.  

thanks the noise is not the issue its the damage  😞

I misunderstood, @Mark356.  I thought the noise at 2 AM was an issue.  I didn't see anything about damage in your original post - just filth.  If the noise isn't an issue, you're in better shape.  Boost cleaning fees and deposits.  Hopefully, they'll be gone soon.

Is language a barrier?  Can you print the rules manual in Chinese or Mandarin or whatever?  I believe google translator is pretty good.  Ask them what their native language is, print the thing out, have them sign it acknowledging receipt and understanding, and throw a line in there about "violations" costing them money.

Cash is a universal language and usually gets people's attention like nothing else.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the ideas I do give them rule sheets they speak and understand English fine but I'll get them to sign now