1 euro deduction

Claire53
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

1 euro deduction

Phantom 1 euro

Hello!

I'd like to know why there is 1 euro missing in the calculation. My rate is 55 euro per night and the total for 4 nights is adding up to 219 instead of 220. Perhaps it is a solidarity thing or something else but I can't find any communication on where this money actually goes!

On another note, I was going through my own trips and found that I was charges over 40 euros in fees for a trip to Crete last year. It was a 10 day trip but this seems like a terribly high margin to take. Any clues on if this is correct or again, where the money went?

Thanks guys!

Claire

6 Replies 6
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

@Claire53  you really want us to help you find 1 euro? 

Airbnb fees for booking accomodation are around 6%.  So if your accomodation was around 660 euro, this would be correct.

This has probably cost me more than 1 euro in time to write.

Hi Marcus,

There is a euro missing before fees. 55x3 = 220. Pre fees the sum is 219.

Fully aware airbnb isn't free, just wondered where that 1 euro goes - ie, is it a mistake or has airbnb decided to invest it in who knows what. It's nice to know, right? Like when criminals skim off a few centimes off everyone's bank account and make a million because we don't look and don't care to ask.

As for it costing you more than a euro to answer my question (and me daring to bother the benevolant community) it definitely cost my good mood something when I read your answer! If the question isn't interesting to you or you don't know, then I'm sure there are better uses of your time, in terms of money, kindness and all the rest.

Claire 

Claire

@Claire53 what about a thumbs up to the answer i gave for your second point, you seem to have skimmed over this which has cost me my mood 🙂

@Marcus0  Actually the booking I made was 380 euro without fees. So the 46 euro fee remains somewhat of a mysterious piss take!

Hi @Marcus0 

There is a euro missing before fees. 55x3 = 220. Pre fees the sum is 219.

Fully aware airbnb isn't free, just wondered where that 1 euro goes - ie, is it a mistake or has airbnb decided to invest it in who knows what. It's nice to know, right? Like when criminals skim off a few centimes off everyone's bank account and make a million because we don't look and don't care to ask.

As for it costing you more than a euro to answer my question (and me daring to bother the benevolant community) it definitely cost my good mood something when I read your answer! If the question isn't interesting to you or you don't know, then I'm sure there are better uses of your time, in terms of money, kindness and all the rest.

Claire 

@Claire53 what might be more important to know is your listing is illegal with your calendars open past the 1st of May, the fines imposed by the Mitte Bezirksamt will definetely cost you more than 1 euro.