cancellation

Raymond28
Level 1
Daly City, CA

cancellation

My guest wanted to modify his existing reservations and I mentioned that it was ok, but somehow on the AirBnB site, it said I cancelled his reservation, which I did not do. How to do I contact someone from AirBnB to fix this?

4 Replies 4
Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

@Raymond28

Google Airbnb phone numbers.

BNB (Airbnb) cancelation has consequences.  I agree with you to contact BNB and sort it out.  I tend to ring BNB every time I need advice.  Others here advocate the use twitter.

Here is a link to my post about cancelation:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-Hosts/Unfairly-penalised-not-just-by-a-public-automated-post-but...

Let us know how you got on.

In my experience, the only way to get real help is to post on their Facebook page and tweet...they monitor this closely and reply quickly.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Raymond28

Rather than referring you to BNB let me explain what I think happened.

Your guest rather than going into the booking and altering his dates, notified BNB that YOU as the host wanted to cancel the booking.

BNB would then have sent you notification that the guest said you wanted to cancel the reservation. Because it is worded in a confusing way, you probably accepted it.

Hence it showing as a cancelled booking.

Call BNB now (contact details 1st post in the Community Help forum) and explain what has happened they will see your messaging between yourself and your guest and hopefully amend the booking and lift the cancellation.

Beau6
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Hi

my current guest has moved out as they feel the villa is unsuitable for their baby. We agreed that if i list the villa again during that period I will refund the amount i can get less fees. How do i do this on the listing?