Problem with listing visibility and pricing showing up as wrong amount...

Andy104
Level 1
Raglan, New Zealand

Problem with listing visibility and pricing showing up as wrong amount...

Hello

I've been having a bit of a nightmare with Airbnb website lately. First of all our listing hasn't been visible in the run up to our peak season here and we have missed out on many booking opportunities. A community expert helped us and looked at the problem. She was super helpful but couldn't resolve the issue as to why our listing wasn't showing up in searches on Airbnb website (she ruled out all the usual resons and advised it was a fault with Airbnb websit) . She referred it to Airbnb but we have heard nothing from them and now we have no booking for the Xmas period despite it being super busy at this time of year. So frustrating!!

Today we have received a booking request ( we were so pleased - maybe our problem had ben solved?!?! - But NO!) 

The request we received today was from 20/12 to 27/12. I was about to go ahead and confirm it when the guest messaged to ask if it is still $165.00 per night. I explained, no its $365.00. I checked the listing and calendar and I asked a friend to check the website remotely and they confirmed it is showing as $365.00 a night too.

Yet the guest who is enquiring says it's definitely showing $165.

Can anyone advise how this can be? And more importantly what would happen If i accept the booking which is showing on my side at $365 but the guest thinks they are paying $165..... Who pays the difference and recompensates for the loss....?     In some ways it doesn't matter as we have lost the booking now due to this glitch. I have asked the guest to send a screengrab so I can forward on. Attached is the screengrab from my end.....

Any help gratefully receieved....Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 12.43.15 pm.png

11 Replies 11
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

Hi @Andy104

Maybe they have a differet value $, you see the price in NZD but maybe they see in USD or other kind of dollars? so you guys talking about two different value, but in the end are the same price. it make sense?

cheers raf

Thanks Raf

Just waiting on the screengrab from the guest to see but I think it's both in NZ dollars as the enquiry id from within New Zealand.

I'lll let you know.

Thanks for your help : )

This is the screengrab from the guest attempting to book at 165 when the pricing is set at 365......

see below

airbnb mistake.jpg

Claire224
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I am having thesanevoriblem today with  a new request for my Czy Hideaway Cabin. 

The prices shown are different and the guest requesting has been given a totally outrageous total to pay....WTF 

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Deleted.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Andy104

Initially they see your base price at NZD 165 - the correct season price only appears when dates are entered.  I suppose the guests are confused by this fact as the difference is significant.

Ili0
Level 1
Suva, Fiji

Hi Andy

Thank you for your posting. I have recently seen the same happening to all my listings. The price on the webpage is the one I set. however the guests are paying for much less. I thought the discrepancies was due to service fees etc - but that is not the case.

Have you had any response from Airbnb on this matter? 

How have you dealt with bookings where the guests are been quoted less?

I look foward to hearing your update and replies to my question

Thank you very much

Sarah530
Level 2
Bury Saint Edmunds, United Kingdom

I have this too. My calendar is set for £100 a night for example, yet guests get a quote for £62, I am having to decline all of my requests. Any advice / did Air bnb help with this?

@Sarah530

I looked at you listing and you do not have a lot of availability bit you do have a variety of prices. 

Maybe your settings?

David