Map view of search result is incorrect: I cannot find my listing in the search without zoom in

Li1
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Map view of search result is incorrect: I cannot find my listing in the search without zoom in

Hi,

I'm not able to find my listing in the search, usually it shows up on the first page of the search result. 

I was able to find it before, but it is now disappeared. 

However, if I go to my personal page, then I can still book the listing for the period.

https://www.airbnb.ca/users/show/50415828

I use the Map to allocate my listing in the search result, but nothing shows. 

Then I found that if I zoom in the map, to the very detail of the block, my listing will shows.

If I zoom out, the listing will disappear even though there is plenty room to show in the map area. 

Example: zoom out

https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Vancouver--BC?source=hdr&page=1&allow_override%5B%5D=&ne_lat=49.289597465312...

Snip20170108_3.png

Example: zoom in

https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Vancouver--BC?source=hdr&page=1&allow_override%5B%5D=&ne_lat=49.283506775049...

Snip20170108_2.png

I think it is kind of bug.

As the initial map view is only showing part of listings, it is not direct enough for guest to select the best match. 

The current design has a big assumption that the guest will know there is more listing if they zoom in. 

However, as far as I know,  it is not a traditional way. 

The initial map display shall give the complete listings of the area. 

Thanks, Li

4 Replies 4
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

The intial map shows there are 69 listings in your general area. To avoid clutter not all the listings are flagged on the map.

There are four pages of listings - so the intial page shows only listings ranked 1 to 18 - which are the ones on the map.

You can turn the pages to find the next set of listings -19 to 36

Your listing is ranked number 55 so it appears on the last page.

When you zoom in to your particular area the number of listings are then reduced, it shows 27 listings available and here you are ranked 18th and on the first page of two.

You can search on the forum about how to improve your ranking, although whether some of the ideas to boost rankings may seem to be urban myths, it's hard to say.

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the ranking factor and notice the listings on the map goes if you turn the page.

The Guest is not knowing these factors.

And if the listings are not shown in the "initial" map, how people will know there are listings in that area?

The consideration of the Clutter is not reasonable, as I pointed out in the screen copy, the area is empty.

Is there any way to contact the support/developer of Airbnb?

I think they will need to check their calculation of "Clutter" situation of the initial map and tune the map view, the initial map shall not only simply consider the ranking numbers of the first page, but also consider the listing availability of the area.

Amita0
Level 2
Kolkata, India

Hi this is Amita from Kolkata India. When i first listed for airbnb i had entered the address of my apartment, and guests were able to check out. Of late say the last 6 months the address displays some other address- that of a WAREHOUSE and guests are getting confused. I have gone through the necessary options but have not been able to make changes as the "address fields' will not accept any changes.  My guests keep calling to check if its a residential area or its a Warehouse.  Please help. Amita

Anelda0
Level 1
Emalahleni, South Africa

I experience the same problem.  My listing is in a remote area and the AirBnB pin point is now on the wrong side of the railway and I am afraid I will not get any clients.  Spend a lot of time trying to correct it.