Resolution Center

Andrew36
Level 1
Billings, Mt

Resolution Center

I am currently Hosting a Guest at one of my Air BNB properties and noticed that $75 was deduced from the payout as part of a "Resoution Adjustment" from a problem Guest that I Hosted in Aug. 2015.  

I discussed the situation with the Guest after their stay and we agreed to a 1 night refund of $75 since they stayed the night, used the facilities and amenities provided, and did not leave until late the following day.  

Apparently the Guest "Escalated" the dispute at a later time - this was not communicated to me - and sought a refund for the 2 nights that they had booked.  

Air BNB granted this refund for the second night in addition to the first night so the Guest was able to stay for free and I basically sustained a loss on the booking because I have to travel to clean up the property for the next Guest (150 mile round trip).  This second "Resolution Adjuatment" occurred almost 1 year after the Guest's visit.

This entire situation pisses me off to no end.  These Guests basically wanted to use my property over night for free (I have a 2 night minimum) which is why they filed a dispute to get their money back.  Air BNB is happy to assist with this scam.  I am wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this BS?  I am ready to pull this property from Air BNB - frankly it is a labor of love and more trouble than it is worth since I barely make anything renting it out and now to lose a chunk of what little I made - doesnt make much sense to continue.

5 Replies 5
Jody14
Level 1
Dillon, CO

I recently had a guest light incense and leave it on a piece of hand made furniture.  They forgot about it letting it burn out on the wooden top, ruining the hand made piece.  The guest went silent of course, after I asked him about the damage.  The damage was a three inch burn mark on the top of the furniture, unable to be repaired.  I opened a case through Airbnb hoping for there support.  I immeadiately provided all the required photo's, replacement cost ($171.00) was a cheap store bought comparison, and repair cost ($538.00)  The labor to repair the item, which Airbnb avocates for,  was $500.+ due to all the labor time trying to sand out the burn mark, grinding out the burnt grout, restaining, and regrouting the furniture top.

Airbnb totally left me in the dark the whole process.  I would call the super host line for support, they would tell me they couldn't discuss it because it was a Trust and Saftey matter.  Trust and Saftey would never call me when I requested.  I would instead get their clueless case manager who was appologetic for her LACK of communication and constant delays.  She never put me in touch with a supervisor, I asked three times!!! They then told me I would have to cover all the labor charge to repair the furninture.  ($500.00)  and closed my case giving me $22.00 for the stain and grout. Lastly telling me they would discontinue conversation with me about the case and it was closed.

SO ALL HOST PLEASE KNOW: YOUR GUEST CAN TRASH YOUR WHOLE HOUSE IF THEY WANT.  AIRBNB WILL JUST MAKE THEM PAY FOR THE MATERIALS TO FIX IT, WHILE YOU THE HOST ARE LEFT WITH THE LABOR CHARGES AND THE SCRAMBELING TO ACCOMIDATE UPCOMING GUEST.

SO DISGUSTED THAT THIS IS HOW AIRBNB STANDS BEHINDS IT'S SUPER HOSTS AND THIER HOMES.  

PATHETIC TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!

Has any one else had to go through these shenanigans with Airbnb Trust and Safety?  I really want to drop Airbnb like a bad habit but I have many guest still schedueled and enjoy the community thouroughly!  This has just left such a bad taste with me, knowing this is thier support system.  Imagine a company the size of Airbnb cant even call their Trust and Safety department for you when you call in.  They say: "cant reach that department by phone"  WOW 

I'm currently going through the same **bleep** and also am a super host. The evidence against my guest is astonishing as her credit card was found jammed in the toilet pipe at the juncture where the toilet meets the floor drain. This after she requested two service appointments for a toilet that wouldn't flush/ ultimately found to be her credit card jam when toilet had to be replaced because plumbing co. Couldn't fix it. It's been 6 days now since I heard from Trust & Safety which should be re-named **bleep**  department we created as a front, and despite my reply that day haven't heard from anyone. She also clearly didn't read through the initial complaint as she didn't have the story straight despite me explaining in simple detail and chronologically. Called in today to say "what the hey?". The standard answer- that's another department and we can't reach them NOR CAN YOU!!! WHAT???? Are you **bleep** kidding me? This guest did other damage too that I didn't bother with and she also used a fake name- she used part of her 1st name and her middle name and get this- fully verified!! Yup, Airbnb verified her government ID/ everything else despite the fake name. How do I know she used a fake name? The credit card found stuck in my plumbing! And they still haven't resolved this. Beyond disgraceful! Fortunately I'm off work for a couple weeks and I'm just going to keep on calling & bugging the crap out of them. 

Plam0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

In January have the guest name namol but my room is fixed the water system and electric inside the room can't cancel this time because I told she before arriving 1 day ,I will change new room for her but will give some money to refund but I show her she don't like the bed sheet because she said not beautiful and she want to cancel,I'm okay for last time but I don't get money from airbnb but she send many messages to me but she yell me but not good to said all time and make us hardly to talking with her .She not listening the problem she want everything beautiful but my another guest no have a problem with this .She just stay at 1 night.I want airbnb take her money back by airbnb change her fee but not me .Because I not got money from her but pay to her not fair for me .I thought airbnb should take her change to her .I didn't any money from her . I want to report you and refund her money .Airbnb got her money but i didn't money but she yell me everyday and send bad word .I thought airbnb pls,send her money back 

I've said this many times. Airbnb does not care about the hosts. They want the guests and will do everything to make them happy. There are so many hosts now that Airbnb can easilty p**s off a few enough that they will leave. There will always be new hosts.

I have increased my rate of decline guests. I am very picky about who I allow to book. If they don't have any reviews I start up a conversation with them before I accept the booking. Many hosts are so eager to get guests that they don't take the time to "vet" them. Despite having many declines on my record, I have not yet seen a warning by Airbnb that I am declining too many.

I do have my listing on TripAdvisor and on VRBO, but those sites are pretty quiet since January. 

George394
Level 1
Beverly Hills, CA

I am a super host and have been on the phone un winding all the nonsense this great company is plauged with, just a tragic waste of time when we should be living our lives and moving our business forward, I don't work for free and since I'm not being compensated for my comments to fix this mess I will sign off

George in beverly hills and Bangkok