IDfy (idfy.com) credential verification e-mail

Answered!
Sajid0
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

IDfy (idfy.com) credential verification e-mail

Hello folks!

Good day to you all!

I recently received the following e-mail from team@idfy.com! It looks like a scam.

Have anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks.

Cheers!

-s-

---------- Original message ----------
Date: 27 September 2016 at 10:03
Subject: Gentle Reminder : Airbnb would like to verify your credentials using IDfy
To: [personal information hidden]

Hi Airbnb host,

This is a gentle reminder from Airbnb and IDfy.

Do you know Airbnb has indicated that you are an Airbnb Host, and would like to get your credentials verified through IDfy?

Just click here to respond.

Alternatively, paste this link in your browser to get going:

In case of any problem while logging in, feel free to call on 02261798811

Any questions? Email us at support@idfy.com.

Regards,
The IDfy Team

This email is an automated invite sent from the IDfy platform. If you feel that this email has been sent to you in error, we would request that you contact Airbnb directly.

**[Title Updated]

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sajid0,

Great to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here. Actually, as @Helen3 mentioned, this question was asked yesterday in this post, here in the Community Center, so you are in luck. 🙂

As you will see in that post, Airbnb in India is working a company called IDfy and so I can confirm that it is a legitimate company. 

It is really good to see you are checking information that you are uncertain about before proceeding. 

I do hope this helps, do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

------------------UPDATE 04/04/17-------------------------

I just wanted to let you know that I have just posted an overview regarding the IDfy verification process here in the Community Center. Here is the link: IDfy Verification Process in India

Thanks for your help with this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Sajid0 it's a scam and a phishing trip not even a good one. The only genuine emails related to Airbnb will come from the airbnb.com domain.

Yea, a scam for sure!
Not even a good one! LOL! 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I thought I read on another post that this was a partner for BNB in India - I wonder if you got contacted because of the name of your town?

I would give BNB a call/flag with them.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sajid0,

Great to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here. Actually, as @Helen3 mentioned, this question was asked yesterday in this post, here in the Community Center, so you are in luck. 🙂

As you will see in that post, Airbnb in India is working a company called IDfy and so I can confirm that it is a legitimate company. 

It is really good to see you are checking information that you are uncertain about before proceeding. 

I do hope this helps, do let me know if you can. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

------------------UPDATE 04/04/17-------------------------

I just wanted to let you know that I have just posted an overview regarding the IDfy verification process here in the Community Center. Here is the link: IDfy Verification Process in India

Thanks for your help with this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks, @Lizzie! Appreciate your response with useful info!

It's certainly reassuring to know that Airbnb is working with a third party for ID verification.

I have already verified my profile with my passport; so do I need to further share my details with yet another company?

Cheers!

Sajid

Rik3
Level 1
Kuilapalayam, India

Anyway, I tried numerous times, it says password incorrect. I did reset my password over and over again but whatever I do, it keeps telling me the password is incorrect. So now I marked IDfy as spam and just wait until may account will be revoked...

our spam mail started just a month back, saying may 2017 is the cut off date.

I am waiting to get my ID revoked by airbnb.

The surprising thing is, Why isn't AIRBNB inboxing us stright to the APP? instead of going to the mail route?

Even if it is a legitimate one, I would rather blame AIRBNB for not doing business via the proper AIRBNB mail.

Wait and see.......

Veerabhadra-Rao0
Level 1
Hyderabad, India

Hello @Lizzie,

Good to get in touch with you.

Ireceieved similar communication.

I have even received a call from them yesterday, following up to complete this verification process by filling in all requested details and sending them few scanned copies of my id proofs etc...

so, you say that we can go ahead and provide details requested by "idfy" guys?

Please re confirm.

@Sajid0

Any update from you on this? Did you happen to complete their verification process?

Please update.

Regards

Veeru

Hi Veera,

I have already verified my profile with my passport.

Cheers!
Sajid

Hi again, @Veerabhadra-Rao0!

As @Lizzie advised @Trifino0:

"...since you have already gone through and completed the verification earlier, there is no need to go through it again, therefore you should be all sorted on this front and you don't need to do anything further with this. :)"

...I do not have to go through it again. I'ts a relief!

Cheers!

Sajid

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Veerabhadra-Rao0,

Yes, IDfy is legitimate. You should have received a email from Airbnb letting you know about Airbnb's New Verification Process around a week or so ago and then a follow up from IDfy.

Thanks @Sajid0, glad this was helpful.

Thank you all. Have a lovely weekend. 🙂

--------------------

Would it not be more appropriate for Airbnb to send us an email from their own email id and send a link to Idfy ?

how do i confirm the credibility from Air BnB in Pune. India ? whom do i contact ?

Hi All,

What baffles me is the number of times i need to be verified by Air BnB before I can be left in peace to conduct business. I am a superhost and I have been to many Host meetups the last one being in Mumbai. I have raised this issue but i have got no satisfactory response.

I called this company IDfy and the representative on the phone informs me that Air BnB provides them a list of people to be verified and i feel offended that Air BnB is begining to behave like everybody needs to be probed even after all verifications have been completed in the past.

I have also requested a visit from an official photographer to take pictures of the property which was completed and photographs uploaded directly by the photographer which were approved by Air BnB.

Can someone confirm if Air BnB requires repeated verification or if this is an error that has not been rectified?

Sure feels like Air BnB does not trust partners in India.

That right, @Trifino0!

This is becoming a nuisance of sorts! Once verified, leave it alone!

If Airbnb want to send reminders, why not simply filter out already verified profiles and then send a mailer to the unverified profiles... That implies they simply want us to go through the process once again! 😕

Whatever happened to all that UX everyone's so gung-ho about, @Lizzie... 😞

Nevertheless, I went ahead with it and went through the process with IDfy, and then I get a SMS message from IDfy saying:

IDfy is providing verification for

Airbnb hosts in India. Please follow

the link in your email to complete.

Questions please call 022 6179 8811

I got no email, so I called on that number; no one answered!

Fail!