Airbnb never sent the money even if the guests left the house

Sharon132
Level 2
Midland, TX

Airbnb never sent the money even if the guests left the house

The guests left the house yesterday Oct-05 and I still haven't received the money from Airbnb. They supposed to deliver the money 24 hours after check in. That was on 10/01/2016. What I should do in this situation please? Thank you

16 Replies 16
Tim30
Level 2
Lucas, TX

I am having the same issue.  I have used Airbnb for over a year now with many successful listings.   This is the second time payment has been delayed.  No explaination.  I called Airbnb.   Agent was very helpful yet still no payment.  48hrs late so far.  Concerned something is going on with Airbnb.  They make their money primarily on using other peoples money between booking from guest to payout to host.  

Tim

Of course. Any day Airbnb keep the funds in their account it means money. It means interets out from our money.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Today is Oct. 5, so yesterday was Oct. 4th. did you not get the Airbnb email, one day after check in, I assume that was 10/1, that they are releasing the funds to you, with the added info that it might take 4-5 days, from releasing the $$ until they are in your account.

I have never ever had a problem with not getting the $$ on time. usually my guests arrive on a Friday, the payment gets released on Sat. it is in my account on Tue. or Wedn. So give it a few days before you get really concerned. also check with your bank and see if they got the deposit, maybe there is a cut off time when it gets posted online. Good luck!

My cash out method is PayPal not bank. They supposed to send the email saying that the money were transferred to PayPal but that email never arrived. The transaction is still in the Future Transactions tab. Hasn't been moved to Completed Transactions yet. So, there is no mistake here. The money hasn't been yet released. I will attach a print screen here. Thanksscreen-14.30.28[05.10.2016].png

I am in the same situation. I am waiting for the money since September 26th.

Release day supposed to be 09/26/2016. Amount $2939.

Still waiting and no sign from Airbnb yet.

I'm in this same situation as well! It's really frustrating and causing me financial difficulties. I've never even needed to contact Airbnb before, and now I can't even find any contact info on the site. How the heck can I reach Airbnb?

Here you can find more:

http://www.airbnbhell.com/

Same situation here. Payment or Payout delay for almost 2 weeks now.

same happend to me 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sharon132@Tim30@Erhart-L0@Jade14@Carol-Dianne0,

I'm sorry to hear you're all having issues with receiving your payment. How long the payout takes depends on your payment method and as @Annette33 said, you need to take into account weekends (we suggest waiting at least 10 days before contacting airbnb). Have a look at this help guide explaining how the payment process works and how you can check your payment status. 

If you still need to contact airbnb, this Community help guide explains the best ways  to get in touch with them. 

I hope you will all receive your payments soon!

Kirstie

Hi. Are you kidding or what? You just said to wait 10 days before to contact Airbnb. Incredible!!!!!!

Why I should wait 10 days? 10 days means a lot of time. Some more other people can pass through my house over the 10 days are you talking about. Also Airbnb will take a lot of interest from the bank during 10 days? I can receive a part of that if I will wait 10 days? Keep that kind of advice for you please. 

Didn't understand this part: "you need to take into account weekends". If oyu can explain I will appreciate.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Carol-Dianne0,

I completely understand your frustration at the delay in the payout and I accept that 10 days is a long time to wait.

Just to clarify what I meant, the length of time it takes can depend on your payment method. Airbnb releases the payment 24hrs after the guest has checked in and if your payout preference is Paypal, you may receive your money that same day. The reason I suggested waiting 10 days is because, if your payout method is bank transfer or international wire for example, this process can take 3-7 days (which can be up to 10 days including weekends - see below).

Weekends can make the process take longer because 'many banking systems don't process transactions on weekends or holidays. If your payout from Airbnb is completed between Friday and Sunday, it might not be processed until the next week'. 

This quote is taken from the Help guide about how long payments take which you can see here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/425/when-do-i-get-paid?topic=234 

In your situation, as you have already waited 14 days, it sounds like there is some issue with the payout so I definitely do suggest contacting the airbnb support team directly - here is the Community Help guide explaining the best ways to contact them: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

I hope that clarifies my previous post, I apologise for any confusion and I hope you receive your payout very soon! Please let me know how you get on.

Kirstie

I am waiting for 3 monts and i dont recieve my money what do i need to do! this is stupid how your money can get lost? really?