My listing does not appear when I search for my area yet it shows as "listed'

Miki1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

My listing does not appear when I search for my area yet it shows as "listed'

My listing does not appear when I search for my town yet it shows as "listed'. What do I do as I urgently wanted to find suitable guests?

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Miki1 Well, with about 30,000 listings in London, if you don't narrow your search using filters, chances are you won't find your listing. 

Search as a guest would. Use filters such as location, price (use a narrow range), property / room type, number of guests, dates you know your listing is available, and finally, any amenities your listing has (wifi for example).  That reduces the number of listings you have to scroll through.  Try it!

Miki1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Clare,

I have done as you suggested, I have used filters and zoomed on map very closely, just hovered over my house, it's still not appearing, with all the right filters in place!! I have changed browsers and IP address to test the issue and seems it's Airbnb issue.

I have no views of my listing while last time (few months ago) I had few requests per day instead!!! Thats worring me, as i travel away myself abrod very soon and wanted to sort everything out before.

@Miki1 Try finding your listing first.  I don't think that going to map to find your listing will show your results.  If you still don't find your listing I will search myself, but it takes a lot of time. 

Sab-And-Vas0
Level 5
New York, NY

Hi Miki,

I just searched for your listing without entering dates, and couldn't find it either. Then upon actually looking at your listing, I saw that it is only available for a short time in May and that you have a 4 day minimum with two days closed off in the middle of those 3 weeks. Since these factors are very limiting, I think they explain why it is harder to find your listing. I searched again looking for a room for one person from the 5-9 May, and still didn't see your listing until I zoomed in to the point where you can no longer see Kennington or Borough tube stations, even when I changed the search query from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 persons. I think this implies that there is a lot of competition at your price range and in your location, and perhaps that airbnb prefers more active hosts-- not sure, just guessing here! But I wish you the best and if you find a solution to this (tweaking price or availabilty even if the room is not available as a test) please let the rest of us know!

Debe0
Level 2
Westport, Ireland

Hi. I am having the exact same problem. As an example..I know my listing is available for the month of July and if I put in specific dates, sometimes my listing does not show up at all and then sometimes it does.  

It is frustrating because I know my room(s) are in a great location and I live in a smallish tourist town that is always busy from June-August. I dislike the idea of missing out becuase of a glitch in the system!