Seeking Advice for Enhancing My Airbnb Listing

Seeking Advice for Enhancing My Airbnb Listing

Dear Airbnb Community Center,

I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out for some guidance on optimizing my Airbnb listing. Are there any specific recommendations or tips you could share to improve the overall appeal and guest experience of my property?

** View on AirbnbRental unit in Newark · ★4.94 · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 1 bathroom

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Ian

**[Link added by Community Manager]

6 Replies 6
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Ian45477, I looked at your place and your reviews and both are superior!  Is there anything you want to talk about in particular?

Margaret491
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

@Ian45477 Keep checking your listing details, particularly after updates..... I found utility rooms added on to my apartments... and they don't have them.....on the positive I found how to add photos to rooms to make guests searches easier 

@Ian45477 

Hello Ian!

You have done a really great job with your listing!  Congrats on your excellent reviews and Superhost status! 

My only suggestions are maybe provide a few details about each of the rooms, explain if there is a workspace and WIFI speeds.    I would also provide a small list of distances from your place to near by locations: PATH Train or other Stations, to Newark Airport, grocery store, and any nearby recommended restaurants. 

Again, congrats on your listing!. 

John 

Tariq52
Level 3
Squamish, Canada

@Ian45477 Congrats on getting Superhost status! Your listing looks clean and cozy. Here are a few pointers I can offer from what I gathered from your reviews and my overall impression.

1. Your first few pictures are a bit dark, you can make them look more inviting by using some wider angles and going brighter with some simple editing. 
  2. You have a fireplace! You should definitely turn the fireplace on and make that your cover photo.
  3. Many people mention the place is spacious, so you should highlight that in your listing. 
  4. A lot of reviews mention the location as well. You list some spots in your description but you could be even more specific, use your guest reviews to figure out which are the most popular.
  5. You have Netflix in the pictures, but don't mention what streaming services you offer somewhere. This is a question that I get asked often.

One thing, I noticed you have a TV mounted up high and an armchair located in this one tight corner of your place. It appears a bit odd to me to watch TV there, but it maybe just me.

From my experience, guests love seeing plenty of linens, towels, blankets, etc. This, along with adequate cooking supplies and utensils. I'll be taking some more closeups of those things for my listing as well, I think it can really add a nice touch.

Good luck man!

To enhance your Airbnb listing, focus on creating a compelling description with vivid details about your property and its unique features. Utilize high-quality photos that showcase the space and amenities. Offer a welcoming atmosphere through thoughtful touches, and highlight any exclusive discounts ** to attract potential guests. Regularly update your listing to keep it fresh and engage with guest reviews to build a positive reputation.

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Hello,,

Your place has amazing architectural details, is this a historic home?  

Your reviews are spectacular, great job !!! As guests buy from photos (and read reviews)… I am wondering if your  budge allow for a pro photographer to assist? I really think it would pay off, as Your photos aren’t doing your listing justice.

They would help you with taking photos at the right time of day, editing out the excess furniture ( you have quite a lot of random chairs), styling …things photographers eyes are trained to notice.

Are you close to the city?