Moving the pin on the map

Answered!
Pam2247
Level 2
Berryville, VA

Moving the pin on the map

Hello,

I have just started using Air BNB for my new home.  I am beachfront and the temp pin that people see when browsing homes is NOT on the water side of the street.  How can I get someone to move it for me?  Th instructions from 2017 are out dated as there is not "view" or map associated with the location address.  I understand my EXACT location will not be shown for safety sake prior to someone booking, but all the others are on the correct side of the street.  

1 Best Answer

Hi @Pam2247 

With the new listing editor, it should be under the location "card." Click the location card and the options should be there. You cannot change your address once you have bookings, but should still be able to change how the listing is shown on the map pin. You should also be able to toggle on/off the address privacy feature for cancellations. If you are still having difficulties, you'll have to contact CS for assistance:

Location Card New Winter 2023.pngAddress Privacy.png

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @Pam2247 

You have 2 choices regarding how your location is set in the system for a new account. You can choose "General" or "Specific". For your property, (and other similar properties) exact location in relation to the water side of the street is important, so choose "Specific" on your listing; NOT "General". That should show your location on the water side of the street for guest's searching. I would do this and see if it corrects your situation:

Customize Your Map Location

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2141

Specific Location.png

It seems as though I cannot do that now that the listing is active.  The article you linked to must be old as I have no "view" option next to address.  

Hi @Pam2247 

With the new listing editor, it should be under the location "card." Click the location card and the options should be there. You cannot change your address once you have bookings, but should still be able to change how the listing is shown on the map pin. You should also be able to toggle on/off the address privacy feature for cancellations. If you are still having difficulties, you'll have to contact CS for assistance:

Location Card New Winter 2023.pngAddress Privacy.png

Finally figured it out!  Thank you.  I needed to go to Listings, location sharing, then to the "specific" location.  I couldn't find it before.  But I'm all set now.  

Yaaaayyy! @Pam2247  👍😊😊

Glad you were able to resolve it!