fraudulent listing

fraudulent listing

There is a realtor that is fraudulently listing units in our condo without our consent.  We have contacted Airbnb support regarding this issue by phone, email.  We have reported the listings as fraudulent.  Airbnb continues to request that we contact the host.  We haven't been able to contact the host for months and they have been unresponsive on the listings.  We have communicated listings that are clearly duplicates and Airbnb support will not inactivate them and keep insisting that we need to work with the host.  How can we do that when the host does not reply.  We have several police reports against the realtor who is fraudulently listing these units.  The detectives on the case have contacted Airbnb and the listings are still not removed.  What else needs to be done to get these removed?  There should be a way that Airbnb can remove listings that are fraudulent?

5 Replies 5
Emi6308
Level 2
Sugar Land, TX

Hi John,

I am in the same situation except it's a tenant of mine that has listed my home in AIRBNB and VRBO.  I realize I have to report this to the police and file a lawsuit.  VRBO is also not very responsive.  I just came across VRBO and AIRBNB because of noise complaints to the HOA and I was informed about talks that my home is listed.  May I ask if AIRBNB has done anything since?

What happens when you talk to the tenant? Did they confirm they are the ones listing. They can remove the listing in under a minute..save you the police/lawsuit…that is a very long road, and you may not like the outcome…

Hi Alex,

One listing had his name as the host and when I brought it to his attention and demanded that he take them down he stated "i am taking them down as we speak", which is definitely an admission.  As of 2 minutees ago, the listings in both AIRBNB and VRBO are still active and reservable. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In the UK most long term leases have clauses against sub leasing. In your situation I would be moving to evict your tenant if you have similar clauses @Emi6308 

It is unfortunate that I discovered all this friday evening when all resources are off for the weekend.  I am unable to deliver a Notice to Vacate using Texas protocol.  So I may have to wait until Monday and he has not paid rent for the month.

It is a shame because he was never late in rent and I have had pleasant interactions with him via text since he's supposedly always travelling.  My HOA presebted a list of complaints and violations that just dd not comply with my lease and then this AIRBNB/VRBO discovery was the icing on the cake.