Looking for airbnb near chesapeake bay with dock in backyard to fish/crab off of.

Answered!

Looking for airbnb near chesapeake bay with dock in backyard to fish/crab off of.

Hello, sorry if I am doing this wrong but airbnb is a whole new world for me. I almost looking for a short term stay location (1, 2 days max atm) that primarily focuses on having a dock/pier/something in the backyard that I can crab right off of. As a newbie, it's hard for me to figure out which listings feature such a thing. I don't want to run the risk of booking somewhere and it not being what I wanted it to be.

I don't need a whole house, a guest house (or even just a room in a larger house, hell even a tiny house) would be more than adequate. Does anyone have any suggestions for such place? I'm from NJ and if possible I'd prefer something along the 3-4 hour ride as opposed to 5-7 to said destination. I don't really care about amenities like gyms or pools (a kitchen for boiling would be very nice though. 

Crabbing season officially opens up 04/01 so I'd really like a chance for first dibs on opening day. I am very low maintenance, I don't plan on living like a slob or being an unscrupulous tenant, I would just like the chance to bring home the biggest blue claws my family has ever seen (here in NJ a 6.5 incher is considered S+ size, I've eaten crabs in MD before and their small make our #1s look like literal babies.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I can't pay the full price up front, none of that per-installment stuff.

Thanks again!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Charles1801 I would do the following

On Airbnb.com input a location, dates (with +/-3 days) (or just ask for a weekend) and number of guests.

Then click on filter and bring the max price down to something affordable for you.

Next look on the map and zoom it in towards the coastline.

Click on a few listings and, if it is not clear what they offer then send an inquiry to the host asking for details. Frankly you should be able to tell from the listing what it offers as most hosts will be screaming about docks in their backyards.

Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes put in the dates , property type and location on airbnb plus number of people on Airbnb and a list of available properties will come up @Charles1801 

use Google maps to check distances.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Charles1801 I would do the following

On Airbnb.com input a location, dates (with +/-3 days) (or just ask for a weekend) and number of guests.

Then click on filter and bring the max price down to something affordable for you.

Next look on the map and zoom it in towards the coastline.

Click on a few listings and, if it is not clear what they offer then send an inquiry to the host asking for details. Frankly you should be able to tell from the listing what it offers as most hosts will be screaming about docks in their backyards.

Hope this helps