"Balcony" option for filtering

Donné1
Level 9
Cape Town, South Africa

"Balcony" option for filtering

Hello everyone,

When I travel, I love to stay in places that have a balcony or outdoor area. Strangely enough, it seems that despite a large array of filter options under the "amentities" panel, a check box for balcony is not included. It would make my search process so much easier if I could filter the results to only select properties with a balcony. Any way to suggest this to Airbnb?

Many thanks

Donné

47 Replies 47
Niall72
Level 1
Key West, FL

Here are 2 things I could be wrong about:

-I believe there was a balcony/patio filter option many years ago and airbnb did away with it. I think I even used to use it back then. Definitely could be a memory I have just invented because I have been so frustrated that there isn't one.

-Either way, I think the reason that there isn't one could have to do with cig smokers? I have noticed that sometimes professional hosting operations (like the management companies that have multiple units listed), when they are listing flats with balconies, do not always necessarily advertise them, occasionally even (seemingly) downplay them in the photos. I always wondered if it may be to keep from flagging to smokers, of whom there might be 100 who would be using a balcony filter for every 1 using it just because they like the outdoor space. Only a theory.

Dainis1
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

i very much would appreciate the balcony filter and have the coding capacity to add it for AirBnB. It would be lovely, if they would hire me to add this desirable feature. 

🙂

Dainis

Hello @Dainis1 

I would definitely hire you to add this much needed filtre if I was head of something at Airbnb😂 Just seems unbelievable that Airbnb is the only booking platform that does not have balcony/terrace/outside space as a filter for guests😩  Been leaving feedback for three years now on this issue ....