Payout delay

Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

Payout delay

The payout was sent on Feb 27 and was received by the bank a few days later, but they blocked it because at that time I changed the payout details for the account. I switched from individual account to registered business account, so instead of my name it should be my business name specified in the payout method details. It wasn't critical because the account number and my tax number were correct. The bank support first asked me to prove that it was sent to this business name. I asked Airbnb support to confirm the payout. They sent me a message that they confirm they sent it to me. But the bank support manager told me that they need a SWIFT file for that. I said I don't have the access to the Airbnb sender bank, so it's impossible. They replied that they would return the money to Airbnb, so that they will be able to send it again with the updated payout details.

So, they informed that they had made a refund on March 4, but today is March 21st. I've been waiting for the payout for more than weeks now. I asked both the bank and Airbnb. The bank provided SWIFT document a couple of times as a prove of the refund was made. Airbnb says they've not yet received it. I am in touch with both support teams, but it is unclear where my money is. I had the similar situation previously, but it was successfully resolved. I only needed to forward that SWIFT file to Airbnb. 

What would you do in this situation? Are there any other things I can request from the bank to prove that the refund was made? What would you recommend?   

1 Reply 1
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Muslim4 I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. It has been forwarded to the relevant team. Hopefully this can be resolved soon 🙏🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines