Getting long term vegan guests

Mahesh66
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

Getting long term vegan guests

I would love to host vegans and veggies since we have the same interests. Would love to have them stay longer term so that we can interact and spend time together. 

please advise how we can find such guests and serve them better.

also I wish to become a super host asap. Advice is welcome.

2 Replies 2
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Mahesh66  I'm not sure why you would want to host vegans and veggies unless you are planning on feeding them? I understand that you share a common interest in the way you choose to eat, but I'm confused as to how this fits into who books your place. 

As to being a superhost.....this may be a cultural misunderstanding on my part, but why would you pack 16 guests into a two bedroom apartment, with beds and air mattresses and more beds all over the place? And then you're charging mere dollars for the whole place? 

Of course I'm not sure what the going rate is where you live, but it sounds very inexpensive to me, and WAY too many people in your property. Bargain-shopper guests generally cause problems. 

You can become a superhost by supplying a well-equipped and nice place to stay, with all of the promised amenities in working order, and the whole place should be VERY clean for each and every guest. Good communication from the host is important as well.

I'm not sure what else to tell you, except that if I go on vacation and have to share a two-bedroom apartment with 15 people, I'm not going to find it a 5 star experience. Maybe re-think your target market, and change your listing accordingly. Good luck. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi @Mahesh66 , we have a room and share our kitchen with guests. As we are vegetarians, for our “noses” it’s not comfortable to smell cooked or fried meat dishes in our apartment. To avoid this, we clearly state this in our description and rules. And we describe our diet clearly in our profile.

And – it works! We host many vegetarian or vegan guests. Try to add this to your profile: It contains a lot of useful information, but nothing about your diet.