Turning location"private" off

Gil21
Level 1
Gerringong, Australia

Turning location"private" off

My listing doesn't seem to appear on the location map when people search for properties in my area. My listing says "location is on private" but i can't find where to switch it off "private"??

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Simple answer is, you can't.  Airbnb keeps your exact location private until a confirmed reservation is made.  Once a guest has a reservation, your exact address is sent to them.  This is for security purposes so "guests" (or criminals) can't just stop by without a reservation.  This is also why the Airbnb messaging system will hide addresses/phone numbers/email addresses written in messages.

Hi Cynthia and Chris

Thanks so much for the reply. It's great that Airbnb have that policy and I understand it, however, when, as a guest, I am checking out properties in a particular area, the location of each property listed appears on a map with a red location pin with a price attached to it. Our property doesn't seem to do this when guests are searching. I have had a couple of enquiries from guests wondering why. Our property is right on the beach and I think guests are finding it a bit suspicious that the location doesn't appear with all the others in our area when they search. 

When I try to resolve the problem, the message comes up as "Your location is set to private so guests can only see location once they have booked" (as you mentioned). I'm wondering how to turn this function off, as others appear to have done it.

Cheers

Gil