Special ways to remember your guests

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Special ways to remember your guests

Notes

Hello everyone,

One of the nicest things about welcoming guests from all over the world are the memories you can keep forever. A note or a photo is a special thing. Here in the CC, a couple of hosts have shared the creative ways they use to remember their guests.  @Maria-Lurdes0 shared her wonderful message canvases in this thread and @Vivek0 shared his Guest Photo Wall. Both worth taking a look at!

This got me thinking, have you ever received a handwritten note from your guests or do you have a special way you like to remember your guests?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

22 Replies 22
Taryn4
Level 10
Austin, TX

We just had the most delightful guests this weekend. I read his profile and saw that he likes tea- SERIOUSLY likes and is very knowledgable about it! I wrote to him before check in that we have lots of coffee and a bit of tea but that I would look forward to picking his brain about tea more as I like it but would like to learn more. He brought us a ton of samples to try (and even left us with some extras). He left us the most amazing review sharing how we made his stay special but really it was the other way around. When guests bring gifts/are super thoughtful it reminds me how important it is to encourage/reward the community that we have the ability to foster.

I imagine that Air would also benefit from this encouragment at sign-up as well.  This isn't just a business (for a host) or a cheap place to stay (for a guest) it's a community, an exchange. Love that! 

Shikha0
Level 5
Gurgaon, India

@Ranjana0 : You too have pictures with your guests right? The last we talked you told me you're doing something similar as the wall of pictures. How has that being going for you? 🙂

Vivek0
Level 3
Amritsar, India

Thank you very much for the mention here @Lizzie...this is encouraging...I have as many stories as ihave had guests....since the day I have starting hosting on Airbnb...it feels like I'm traveling the world,sitting at home...will share a story in the next post....

Vivek0
Level 3
Amritsar, India

1. A group of seven elder from Pune...
  2. what wonderful people...
  3. Mr Mohan on the right....The Ring Leader...we are in touch...
  4. Happy Wall...
    Amritsar bed and breakfast
Vivek0
Level 3
Amritsar, India

image.jpegGuests enjoying dinner ....Happy faces at Happy Table....

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Yeah.. we have a guest book, that some people write nice things in.   Actually it was a guest who gave us the guest book in the first place, I never even considered it thinking that AirBnB has a review & rating system, so why would I bother with a paper book, and ... .... and...  and then I realized why.  Because the rating system doesn't accommodate things like this.  :')

Drawing.jpg

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

I've received lots of notes, and I really love the time the guests took to write them! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Susie0@Jiw0 and @Vivek0 and @Taryn4,

It is lovely to hear you have received such special notes and memories from your guests. It is sometime the little things that make such a difference and a lasting memory.  

I agree Han & Jiw, it is easy to forget about having a note book or in Vivek's case a wonderful happy wall, but I personally think it is nice to have both. The little drawings added to the note, really bring to life the comments and you remember the character of the guests you welcomed. I love the little elephant drawing 🙂 

Vivek, thanks for the update about your happy wall, it can't be far off the heart shape now? In all the photos you have shared of you with your guests, they all look like they are having a great time. 

Taryn, what an interesting guest you had. I am a huge tea fan! Are you now inspired to try out lots of different varieties? It sounds like you both had a fantastic time meeting one another and the power of the community! Hopefully he might come for a return visit. 🙂

Do any of you travel much on Airbnb? If so, do you normally leave little notes for your hosts? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

I've never left a little note or something for my host, I'm more likely to just send an AirBnB message after my trip, but I may have left some item that I think was useful behind so then I'll mention that.  Could be somethign really mundane, like 'Your can opener didn't like me so I got you a nice new one."  😉    

That's actually also somethign I really appreciate in guests, when they leave somethign behind, even things like a book or magazine, etc.   Over time that also builds more character to a place when people have left different things. I really appreciate that.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hehe @Jiw0, I am now picturing a can opener with attitude! 🙂 I imagine your hosts really appreciated this.

I like your thinking around leaving things behind. I previously spoke with a host who has a book share library in their listing, with books that have been left at their listing. New guests swap one of their books with one another a guest has left behind. I think this it is a great idea, especially for those who are travelling for longer periods of time.

--------------------

Tim26
Level 5
Leicester, United Kingdom

In the apartment I used to have on Airbnb (which was my main home at the time) I had a few $1 bills propped up on a shelf in the kitchen - I found that as guests from different countries stayed, they started to leave their own currency's small value notes with the dollars.  It was a brilliant little surprise each time someone would add to the collection - really nice that without prompting, they added their own little bit to the pile!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is great @Tim26 and lovely that one guest sparked the whole thing off. 🙂

Are there any particular notes from a country very far away from you or one which has a particularly interesting pattern on it?

That is one of the things I like when I travel is using a different currency. I really liked the Australian notes when I first went there, because they are waterproof (a little like the new £5 note they are going to introduce).

--------------------

Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Some guests have left menus, cards, pamphlets, napkins, etc from places they visited and particularly ejoyed. My favorites are the ones that include a handwritten note about what they liked and why

Gabby2
Level 2
Houston, TX

I've been hosting a few months and I have received two hand written notes. I have starting putting the notes under the glass on the desk in my Airbnb room.

I want to get a push pin map to plot the places my guests come from.