Sixth tip for great guests review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Sixth tip for great guests review. It really works!

Most hosts leave something like juice and snacks to ease their guests after a long trip. And that's really nice. But if your guests come with small children or babies would be great if you leave something like a toy for the beach (if you are sea destinations) or  baby bibs, baby rattles...Guests will be really suprised and overwhelmed that you remember thair youngest one. Do this unexpected gesture and you will get great review. Try it and see:).

4 Replies 4
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

We are family friendly.  I agree, it's good to do some catering for the little ones. Happy kids, happy parents, happy host. I wrote a list of the things we provide for the little ones and put it in our orientation book. It includes  a few easy to clean toddler toys (plastic golf set, Disney toy airplane to ride on, plastic toddler size sitting stool), colorful plastic boxes for "putting things in and taking things out", toddler books. Also, baby wipes, odor shield small plastic bags for used diapers, baby spray sunscreen, a soft floor mat, kids music CD, dining room high chair. For elementary school age children and older... coloring books with crayons, Crazy 8 card game with animal pictures, age appropriate board games, age appropriate books, a hoola-hoop, jump ropes, plastic horseshoe set for the yard. We also have a kid themed comforter for one of the beds, and a few easy to wash throw blankets. We like to provide a bottle of sparkling cider for our guests instead of wine. For the kitchen, some Corell break resistant dishes and colorful kid size plastic drinking cups. I also provide parents with a list of local places and activities that are good for young children, such as parks with outdoor play equipment, Zoo, Children's Museum, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, JJ Jump (bounce house amusement center), amusement parks, etc. Works well. Many Airbnb places are not suitable for children, so parents are appreciative of the places that are and those that provide thoughtful extra touches.

@Jim-and-Marcia0  you offer a whole Disneyland:). Excepcional!

Barbera0
Level 8
Elburg, Netherlands

@Blagoje0@Jim-and-Marcia0

My place is not suitable for kids, but I do allow pets...whenever I have guests who take along their dog I always put a special little jar with dog candy on the tray with the coffee/tea making facilities and a rug for the dog to lie on. This is very much appreciated... so the same applies: happy dogs, happy owners, happy host!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Barbera0 @Blagoje0 @Jim-and-Marcia0  Good on you Barbera, I too will take dogs with guests (within certain limitations) ....I wouldn't want a couple of Rotwielers deficating their way through the rear garden we put so much effort into!

However I do provide a 'puppuccino' on request which comprises some frothed milk and some doggy treats in the one large bowl.....wins em every time!!!

Cheers....Rob

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/5724253?s=b14U