the problem of security on Airbnb... Terrifying experience

Ann328
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

the problem of security on Airbnb... Terrifying experience

Dear All,

I am a host on airbnb for almost 5 year now in Montreal. It's where i discover my new path in my career. I love the idea to offer a home to a strangle , to give them a help while travelling.

However, airbnb becomes the more and more familiar with people and since host is for almost the time a particular who does not have any security measures as professional touristique accomodations. There are more and more terrible cases happen with irressponsible guests who even planed to damage the place, steal the equipments. Normally, we can not ask a huge deposit so the deposit is normally too small for all of the stuff inside the house.

I recently have 02 cases which terify me a lot and i am thinking for many hosts who have the same problem as mine.

Guest well prepared for their acts. Possibly it was not their first time. :

- photos on airbnb is not clear

- book for 02 persons but there were 20 of them. Since they rented for the whole house and came at night , it was to difficult to see what happened. It was our neighbors who witness for that and let me know.

- parked their car with the plate is very near the door so when taking photos, we can not see the plate. 

I am just wondering some extra measures for next guests:

- camera in front of the house.

- deposit more

- give guests a list of amenities inside the house which you dont want they "borrowed" and let them double check with you when check in.

- check id with the person reserved on airbnb.

And i will:

- report all incidence to airbnb (off course), and local police. I dont want they did the same thing to other hosts

Ann

Montreal, Canada

- denied 

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Ann328

AirBnB do not offer a real security deposit.

David