reservations

reservations

As a host how do I manage bookings when I am away for a while?  Or do take a chance on loosing a reservation because I do respond to tentitive guests?

Hugh

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Hugh-and-Sandy0

Most hosts have the airbnb app on a phone to deal with bookings.

If thats not an option you simply snooze your listing while away.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

App or simply www on the phone like me, @Hugh-and-Sandy0 @Jeff158 - just got two bookings for low-season January while away. So snoozing doesn't pay off.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Hugh-and-Sandy0

A little bit more information would enable me to give a more accurate answer.

Do you have a 'smart phone'?

If you do, download the Airbnb phone app by pasting this link into your phone browser. In order to do this you will need to have internet access on your phone (in other words be able to view internet pages through Google) if you can't, go to your phone's 'Settings' and from the menu select 'Mobile Networks' and select 'Data enabled' or 'Mobile Data' and make sure this item is enabled.

If you have this protocol in place then put this link into the search bar and follow the prompts.

https://www.airbnb.com/mobile

Although there are many sites which offer an Airbnb phone app this link is designed to work specifically with your Airbnb profile and your computer and will give the best results.

Also, just as an aside, make sure the download completes totally. Many problems occur from the app download that has not fully installed, some pages will not display, certain information will be incorrect or the program will keep on 'freezing' and if this happens, uninstall it and download again.

Once done @Hugh-and-Sandy0 you will receive notifications, booking requests and you will be able to respond immediately, just as you would on your computer without having to worry how far away from your computer you may be at the time.

Just remember that the phone app is a 'cut-down' version of your interner program! It is great for getting and sending messages, taking bookings and basic management of your listing but alteration to much of your personal information will not be possible from the phone app.

Always look on it as a great way to stay in touch when away from your computer but, don't attempt to use it as your primary source for transacting Airbnb business. 

More than half the user problems we see are related to users expecting too much from their phone app.

It is an almost sure bet if you strike an issue on the app you will resolve it when you get to your computer!

@Hugh-and-Sandy0  Just one lost booking can cost you more than the cost of a smartphone, and it doesn't have to be an iPhone or a Galaxy, something or other. There are many good cheap smart phones on the market now. We in Australia have one called 'Oppo'! It boasts a 22 megapixel camera and features that are ahead of either iPhone or Samsung and it is under a third of the price.

This information I have given here is for people who are totally ignorant of the phone app or what is required to get it. I am not trying to be insulting or demeening, I am just trying to give information that can possibly help, without me having any knowledge of your level of competence where this sort of thing is concerned.

All the best Hugh and Sandy....get that app and you will quickly realise it is the best thing you have done!

Cheers....Rob

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Also inexpensive small tablets are great for keeping up with inquiries and requests, easier to answer them.