people getting superhost status who didn't meet the criteria

Mark53
Level 1
Patagonia, AZ

people getting superhost status who didn't meet the criteria

I just got superhost status which I'm thrilled about but I notice that some of the other host in my town got the status too even though they don't meet the requirements.  One, a friend of mine, has only had 7 reservations on Airbnb and another host in my area has only had 8 but they both reached superhost and yet the requirements say you have to have 10.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

p.s. - I do not like that it is so difficult to contact Airbnb directly on issues.  To call them you have to wait forever (15 minutes currently).  I think as hosts we should have a phone number or email address where we can get support quickly!

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Mark53,

Have you tried contacting them via Twitter.  I find that is the best way.  Check out this Help Guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Mark53 I think Airbnb had a major messup with Super Host this time around. They accidentally sent out an email to a lot of hosts who should have received Super Host and told them they didn't receive it. Maybe the same thing goes for giving others superhost who shouldn't have received it.