improvement to see in stats who gave which star rating

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

improvement to see in stats who gave which star rating

just discovered a new helpful feature re the star ratings guests give: there used to be uncertainty about who gave that 4 or 3 star rating - and one could only find out about it in a round about kind of way, when it only said something like "your last 5 guests gave you 5 star ratings, then you knew that the one before that was the one who gave you the "bad" star rating.

now the process is simplified and clear, though I can only access it via Airbnb web site not Airbnb app: go to your stats - reviews - visible is the overall rating/any star rating (as before) , but there now is the option to  go from "any star rating" to "5 star rating", to 4 star, etc... and one can see exactly who gave what.  nice improvement!

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annette33

Yeah this is the bar you are talking about. I think they must have run it out in this part of the world first, we have had it since late last year.....I think I first noticed it around October!

Star ratings 3.png

'All ratings' of course shows everything and the rest of them just shows which reviews gave you an overall in what star category. You have to remember these are overall ratings. I do still like the category breakdown where you can see what guest rated you in each of the 7 categories. 

You are right Annette it is a good inclusion and it is good to see that hosts in your part of the world are now getting that. I have been posting this screen shot and others around the reviews for months and others are telling me they are not getting the same information so it's good that we are now all have the same page format.

Seems strange that they do it in dribs and drabs though. It's almost as though they test the waters with each update.

Cheers....Rob 

hey @Robin4 , yes I understood that it's for overall ratings. just curious: do you see it also on the app, or only (like me) on the website?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annette33........Horribly backward thing to admit but, I only use the website. I have recently upgraded my phone plan so I will start using the app in the next few weeks. But for the last two years all Airbnb information apart from sms notifications has been though my PC on the website. Part of this reason is no other equipment seems to recognise me except this PC! If I try and log on from another phone or PC the site tells me my log- on details are not correct....something I need to go into with help when the opportunity permits.

But even on the website my surprise was how long it took to make it's way into your website information.

I am really happy with the amount of guest review information we get now Annette. 

Cheers.....Rob

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

I'm in Australia and can't see it - I have multiple listings. It seems like they have only implemented the feature for single listing hosts which is unfortunate!

@Gillian19 , are you on the app/mobile or the Airbnb website?